Is it respectless or am I so uptight?

Upcoming friday we have a show. I told the rest of the band I won't be playing friday if there's no sincere apologie. 2 bandmembers told me that I'm over reacting, and just needed to let this go, I gave them the response.."if that's the case, i'm out".

Dude you're not fucking overreacting! You're totally fucking right ;)
Regarding your other 2 bandmembers: tell those two scumbags that if they want to lick your singer asshole they can, but you're not there to kiss asses, you're there to enjoy playing in a band..... at least that's my suggestion ;)
These kind of things pisses me off a lot :mad:

ITs politics man... I always used to get shit from the other guys in my band for fucking telling the drummer to sort his shit out when he failed to turn up for practice/rent payment/recording/general band important stuff. Singers and drummers are hard to find so people expect you to cut them more slack and if you dont then you're taking it "too seriously".

Seriously, what a dick.

Don't settle for anything less than a sincere apology. Keep watching how he'll act from now on. You seriously don't need to take shit from anyone, especially people who you're supposed to work with and be friends with.

Some people are just strange like that. But I can't see anything funny about spitting on someone's instrument, or anything else.

I guess I'm sort of lucky, my band doesn't contain any dicks. Even the singer is a cool guy. He says himself though that his technique isn't too good, so maybe when he'll start improving it... :heh:

Good to read that my I'm not over reacting. It felt humiliating!
Today I actually felt like hitting him in the face, but I had enough of that in my teens, that I sort of left that behind, and now deal with it another way.

The most weirdest thing is actually that I would've never expected this from this guy. We actually never had any personal issues, or he never tried to cross any lines..

Upcoming friday we have a show. I told the rest of the band I won't be playing friday if there's no sincere apologie. 2 bandmembers told me that I'm over reacting, and just needed to let this go, I gave them the response.."if that's the case, i'm out".

Maybe invite the singer to start spitting on their instruments instead if it's not that much of a big deal to them.

I support your reaction 100% dude. You're a bigger man than I for being able to hold all that in without thrashing the singer.

Woah, didn't know so many guys would go berserk. Maybe I'm too used to seeing my football team mates getting spat on during games and having to leave it go untouched for fear of getting sent off. Some of you guys need to start playing soccer/football...by the looks of it they'll be quite a number of fatalities in a weekend.

Spitting is pretty weird, come to think of it. The norms have dictated that spitting on someone is sick, but I'm sure if I dig deep enough I'll find cultures who use spitting on another as something which is reverent and noble. The gesture in the West, through convention, is disgusting and degrading, but if one had to reflect, I get chunks of spittle on my face when someone is talking quite occasionally and drink from the same bottles and glasses as others, thereby consuming other people's saliva and I treat these things as nothing out of the ordinary. So I think that rather than the sickening factor of saliva it's more the intent and gesture of the other person spitting which stirs up emotions of anger and rage; or at least that would be the case with me. Note: If it's all phlegmy and and slimy then its another story.

But yeah, at least he should give a reason why he did it, and not simply "because it was funny". You got to be a fucking loon to joke that way.

Have you known these guys for a long time or is it a new relationship with these members?

Na you were in the right. Challenge him to a duel. Unless he's bigger than you in which case steal his shit and mail it back to him slowly.

I had a girlfriend, that liked me spitting on her haha, but even then i couldn't realy get it over my heart haha

Anyhoo, i can see the point in spitting live, but at rehearsal and on each other? what the fuck....

I'd say your more then right to ask for an apologie, and if they would rather spit on eachother then have you in the band then that says enough now doesn't it?
You'll get justice man, don't worry ;)

Personally I think spitting on stage is just fucking retarded too.
If you're gonna spit, do it outside, or in a bathroom sink/toilet, not on the fucking floor of the inside of a home/building

Personally I think spitting on stage is just fucking retarded too.
If you're gonna spit, do it outside, or in a bathroom sink/toilet, not on the fucking floor of the inside of a home/building

Singers do get a free pass for this.

2009042914034533466.jpg

Woah, didn't know so many guys would go berserk. Maybe I'm too used to seeing my football team mates getting spat on during games and having to leave it go untouched for fear of getting sent off. Some of you guys need to start playing soccer/football...by the looks of it they'll be quite a number of fatalities in a weekend.

Spitting is pretty weird, come to think of it. The norms have dictated that spitting on someone is sick, but I'm sure if I dig deep enough I'll find cultures who use spitting on another as something which is reverent and noble. The gesture in the West, through convention, is disgusting and degrading, but if one had to reflect, I get chunks of spittle on my face when someone is talking quite occasionally and drink from the same bottles and glasses as others, thereby consuming other people's saliva and I treat these things as nothing out of the ordinary. So I think that rather than the sickening factor of saliva it's more the intent and gesture of the other person spitting which stirs up emotions of anger and rage; or at least that would be the case with me. Note: If it's all phlegmy and and slimy then its another story.

But yeah, at least he should give a reason why he did it, and not simply "because it was funny". You got to be a fucking loon to joke that way.

Have you known these guys for a long time or is it a new relationship with these members?

Spot the apologist for idiocy.

if you change every use of the word "saliva" to "salvia" this thread becomes mind bogglingly hilarious

if you change every use of the word "saliva" to "salvia" this thread becomes mind bogglingly hilarious

:lol:

It totally would as well. Even more so if everybody had some.

From studying Anthropology alongside my business degree I know of cultures where spitting in soups and communal food is commonplace... but still dude we are in the west, you don't judge a dog for what you would want in a horse, it just doesn't make sense. In this society it is an act of disrespect. That is part of what makes it sexually enjoyable. If someone spits on you that is disrespect plain and simple. This dude knew what he was doing, the fact that he thought it would be funny proves that. The convention of sharing a drink is also an act of intimacy in a way. Don't think so? Do you feel comfortable sharing a bottle with that friend of yours who doesn't shower and whose had a couple of STDs? Context is key in culture. In this culture he should not tolerate one inkling of this shit. To do otherwise is to submit and lower one's own value in the given community.

Cheers,
George.