Is Mindcrime considered to be the greatest metal album of all time?

Erik said:
So does that mean anything else than that Lars is able to play semi-fast double bass with (probably) 7000 takes and a few tons of studio trickery? Praise the songwriting if you will, but Lars is a shitty, shitty drummer with no feel, no sense of groove, no inventiveness, no nothing. He can just barely keep time on the studio albums, but NEVER adds ANYTHING to the music. Granted, he doesn't really take away anything either, but that's because he basically doesn't DO anything but go 4/4 4/4 4/4

I don't think you could be more wrong.

As someone who y'know, actually SAW METALLICA LIVE in the late '80s, Lars was a PRE-EMINENT drummer at that time. No one's disputing that his suckitude today has become the stuff of legends, but to just dismiss his drum brilliance of 1983-1990 is to admit your own ignorance.

Fini.

I love boobies said:
Metallica Megadeth Slayer and S.O.D.

fuck Anthrax. YES I SAID IT.
You're getting dangerously close to full-blown #10 mate.

b2ab82df5f4adaee.jpg

markgugs said:
I don't think you could be more wrong.

As someone who y'know, actually SAW METALLICA LIVE in the late '80s, Lars was a PRE-EMINENT drummer at that time. No one's disputing that his suckitude today has become the stuff of legends, but to just dismiss his drum brilliance of 1983-1990 is to admit your own ignorance.

Fini.
no he's still shit

JayKeeley said:
It's not the same thing, but whatever floats your boat.

In the meantime:

Seventh Son > s/t
Justice > Kill em All
Master of Reality > s/t
Hvis Lyset Tar Oss > s/t

and of course,

Rust in Peace > *.*
yeah so? not everyone is like slayer and gets tired by the fourth album

OK unless he played the songs COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY live than in the studio he was still shit. Yes -- he might have been able to play the songs correctly without getting tired back in the 80's, but he was still UNIMAGINATIVE and STIFF AS A GOD DAMN STICK. There are no memorable Lars Ulrich drum moments, nothing that makes me smile or go :kickass:... If he didn't SUCK, he sure was one of the most BORING drummers ever

I always thought of lars' drumming as competent at best. I can think of plenty of drummers before and during Ulrich's "peak" in the 80's that crushed him though. I agree with Erik that none of his drumming ever stood out to me, even on early albums.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
I always thought of lars' drumming as competent at best. I can think of plenty of drummers before and during Ulrich's "peak" in the 80's that crushed him though. I agree with Erik that none of his drumming ever stood out to me, even on early albums.
oompaloompa.gif