Is Mindcrime considered to be the greatest metal album of all time?

I admire them for consistently releasing quality discs for a long stretch ... really great stuff without any filler.
But then they started releasing all the filler as complete discs after Empire :D

speed said:
i dont understand why so many feel the need to rank everything. Its a sign of a feeble mind and little culture. Maybe in 50 years we can rank this shit; after metal has totally died out--and it is dying...

Oh, give it a rest already...

Regardless of our opinions of Mindcrime, I don't think it's going to be perceived as the greatest Metal album ever by anyone other than Queensryche fans. I know if I asked any of my friends who are into Rock/Metal, I'd be very lucky if more than one of them had even heard of Queensryche, let alone listened to that particular album.

The aforementioned Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Sabbath types are going to be more widely credited, if only for the fame of the bands themselves...

I agree with you statements Ayeka, and I suppose I should stop complaining about ranking things, as it seems to happen on every metal board once a day.

Very very few people outside of a late 20's to late 30's demographic have ever even heard of Queensryche, which is a real shame, because they are missing out on the best 80's style metal band.

But your comment that Priest and Slayer Sabatth etc, makes a point I agree with, but not totally; that is that a influential band has to be well known. But it seems the very best music is generally not well known. Its quite the conundrum.

om2-cover-art.jpg

So who can find me a cheap copy of the remastered version? It seems like all the copies on ebay and half.com are the old version mistakenly listed as the remastered version.

markgugs said:
Ronnie James Dio will be playing the part of Dr. X, btw.
Don't care. As I've stated before, I will never listen to this album.

markgugs said:
And oh yeah, Operation: Mindcrime is clearly the BEST METAL ALBUM of all time.
Agreed. "Master of Puppets" is an excellent collection of songs. However, it's no Mindcrime.

Zod

It's impossible to determine the best metal album of all time, unless you go by nonsensical album sales, air-time, etc.

man as robot said:
It's impossible to determine the best metal album of all time

Not necessarily if you're talking from a strictly personal point of view. If you're trying to come up with the greatest album as far as a consensus of peers is concerned, then you need just that, a consensus of peers.

Nate The Great said:
So who can find me a cheap copy of the remastered version? It seems like all the copies on ebay and half.com are the old version mistakenly listed as the remastered version.
i have the remastered version for sale/trade, PM me and we'll work something out. i owe you for Swans still so it'll be a good deal!

oh and the best metal album evAr is Rust in Peace, duh.

I love boobies said:
i have the remastered version for sale/trade, PM me and we'll work something out. i owe you for Swans still so it'll be a good deal!

oh and the best metal album evAr is Rust in Peace, duh.

Ha ha, we were talking about your love for RiP last night. Just so you know the more we drank, the more we talked about you NAD. :loco:

yeah, i'm popular with drunk men. :lol:

Ride the Lightning is up on the list. so is Chaos A.D. LOLZ