Is Mindcrime considered to be the greatest metal album of all time?

Puppets is a worthy choice; quite solid from start to finish; i'm also fond of the Justice album. I also think Reign In Blood could be the one.. Best of all time; very debatable depending on your listening preference.

It's definitely not Puppets because it's got Leper Messiah. If there was any Metallica album in the top 3 of all time, it would have to be RtL (I mean, that's more about common sense if you think about its overall consistency).

Otherwise we're talking somewhere between NAD's RiP and Gugs' OM as the greatest heavy metal album of all time.

To Jason's point, I'm sure if there was a massive consensus, however, it would probably end up going to Mindcrime just because it's so widely hailed. It's actually quite bizarre how many people obsess about it (even non Queensryche fans).

JayKeeley said:
It's definitely not Puppets because it's got Leper Messiah.
You've lost me here. Why does "Leper Messiah" hurt "Master"?

JayKeeley said:
If there was any Metallica album in the top 3 of all time, it would have to be RtL.
Agreed. I think it's their best work by a healthy margin.

JayKeeley said:
It's actually quite bizarre how many people obsess about it (even non Queensryche fans).
RiP is a classic, no doubt. But I don't think it's in the same league as "Mindcrime". To me, "Mindcrime" is a perfect CD. If you were using a rating scale of 1,000,000 possible points, "Mindcrime" would get a 1,000,000 out of 1,000,000.

Zod

*insert ravishing lyrics to Orion*

nah Puppets rules all the way through. i just prefer Ride the Lightning. why? because it's a better album, duh.

Erik said:
Anesthesia (suck it)
Fade to Black (suck it^2)
hahahaha this cracked me up.

Fade to Black >>>>>>>>>>>> Blackened >>>>>>> everything else Metallica ever did

When they put "riff salad" in the dictionary they need a picture of that song. Or a TAB. or whatever.

It's unstructured and dumb, in fact probably THE worst song of the first 4 albums

I mean you know something is wrong when to patch a "song" together you need to FADE IN and FADE OUT different parts

Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For
Shortest Straw
Pulled For

seriously that song bites.

Erik said:
It's unstructured and dumb, in fact probably THE worst song of the first 4 albums

I mean you know something is wrong when to patch a "song" together you need to FADE IN and FADE OUT different parts

No yuo.

When a man lies, he murders a part of the world.

So stop lying. :loco:

Yeah OK I'm exaggerating 'cause the main thing is that the acoustic part totally has NOTHING to do with the rest of the song

Also

That James or whomever it is sounds so completely fuckin bored when he says those four lines, I mean christ could you get anyone to sound any more dry and unemotional for a song that's supposedly a tribute to Cliffy

Anyway if it wasn't Metallica that wrote it and if Cliff didn't die noone would give two shits about that track. It's basically fucking nothing when you get your nostalgia goggles off