Is Obituary worth checking out?

SuicideMachine said:
you can get both "cause of death" and "slowly we rot" in a nice double package. Its the same price as one cd, so you really cannot go wrong.

I beleive roadrunner are doing the same for suffocation, merciful fate, annihilator and a few others.
where do you get these double cds, i want them.

World Demise has songs like "Final Thoughts", "Redefine" and "Kill For Me" on it. Those songs are so great. Obituary's last album "Back From The Dead" is their worst. It's not like I hate it but it's boring compared to the rest, most of the songs sound the same.

I take it back. Obituary made the kind of death metal I like best. I've heard Suffocation and Carcass and I dig their work but I have not heard any Pestilence and Ripping Corpse. How do they sound like?

What? I'm serious. Those two bands and Death are probably the most highly respected in death metal.

back from the dead is an ok album if you ignore the gay rap track. its the only album ive heard of theirs
~gR~

Like genocide roach, Back From the Dead is the only album I've heard from Obituary. The last song almost ruins what would otherwise be a slighty above average album. Since people are saying BFtD is the band's worst, I ordered Cause of Death and The End Complete. Should have 'em by the end of the week.

The packaging is inferior on those reissued 2 cd sets Roadrunner has released. Spend a few more bucks and find the Cause Of Death and Slowly We Rot cds that were gold and actually called The Obituary Re-Masters. Infinitely more worth the $.

Obituary is one of those great bands, I remember being in 9th and 10th grade, and discovering Obituary back in '89-'90. With Cause Of Death, James Murphy came on board and recording leads only, really took their music to another level. But I think Allen West is "the" Obituary lead guitarist. And Trevor Peres is a fucking riffmaster.

I love the dry tone of The End Complete.