Is Pyramaze a Christian band?

Yep, they're Christian all right...Melancholy Beast is clearly a reference to the devil, and how sad he is about not being around his former best bud, God. The Bone Carver is a reference to how Jesus used to carve bones in his spare time...you know, when he wasn't doing carpentry work...I think he picked up that particular hobby from Moses, but don't quote me on that.

dargormudshark said:
then where is Iced Dog coming up with this....I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
smile_lol.gif

crimson sacrifice said:
I've heard conflicting stories.

I think it's very important not to limit our music by religious issues. Heavy Metal is not about if you are Christian, Jewish, Catholic or whatever. Although we are a bunch of guys in Pyramaze with different beliefs, this doesn't matter at all, and religion is not an issue here. We are brothers, even if our views upon religion might be very different (not that we ever discuss it).

I think the world should take an example of this, 'cause then there would not be so many fucking wars!

But to answer the question that started this thread: NO! We are not a Christian band, neither are we a Jewish or Catholic or Satanic band. We are a Heavy Metal band. We are friends on a musical journey, and hopefully our work will please some metal fans out there.

Michael.

:devil:

PyramazeGuitar said:

I think the world should take an example of this, 'cause then there would not be so many fucking wars!

Uh, yes there would be. There are MANY other reasons why countries go to war than religion.

säki

saki said:
Uh, yes there would be. There are MANY other reasons why countries go to war than religion.

säki

Well, i didn't say that religion is the only reason for wars, i just pointed out the fact that many wars have been fought over religion - like 50 % or so. That's a fact and can't be denied. But you are right, there are many other reasons for war too. However i think religion is one of the more stupid things to fight over.

yep, organized religion sucks...if people kept their beliefs more or less to themselves, the world would be a far better place...IMO

*quickly changing subject*

Japan needs to get their label shiite figured out...c'mon, quit haggling over your damn bonus tracks and let's get this album released!
10.gif

I definitely agree that it's really stupid to fight over religion. I mean, conquering someone to cram something down their throats won't truly convert them to your religion, although Christians see that they have something to share with non-Christians, so if we share with people in a non-hostile way, I don't think there's a problem with that. Personally, I don't have a problem listening to non-Christian music; one of my favorite bands is Dream Theater in fact. I just definitely don't like listening to satanic music and I like to know what I'm listening to.

crimson sacrifice said:
I definitely agree that it's really stupid to fight over religion. I mean, conquering someone to cram something down their throats won't truly convert them to your religion, although Christians see that they have something to share with non-Christians, so if we share with people in a non-hostile way, I don't think there's a problem with that. Personally, I don't have a problem listening to non-Christian music; one of my favorite bands is Dream Theater in fact. I just definitely don't like listening to satanic music and I like to know what I'm listening to.

I take it from this that you are a 'real' Christian. If people want to share their beliefs in a non-hostile way, then that's okay with me. The only thing I’m 100 % against, is the fanatics and extremists of this world. By that I mean people who are so consumed by their religion, that it takes over reasonable thinking and their life’s in general. The way I see it, religion should be a sanctuary for the mind, not an obsession which makes a person behave like a lunatic towards other people, religions or ideas. Let me give you an example (although it's rather harmless). I was at a party once, were we listened to really good heavy metal all night. We where head banging and drinking some beer and a bit of whisky. Just having fun - no harmful words or strange behaviour - no satanic or religious outbursts of any kind. Suddenly one of the guys disappeared into the other room, and didn't come back. We thought this was weird, so later we went in there to talk to him. What he said was: I'm sorry, I can't stand it anymore, your music and the drinking makes me have a bad conscience towards god, so I had to leave the room.... :err:
Although it's rather harmless behaviour, there's something really wrong with this scenario. Does he really think that god will strike down upon him, just because he listens to some heavy metal, and drinks a few beers?!?!? Before you say, 'oh - it's probably the booze talking' - no, he was not drunk.

I guess the moral of the story is: If people are religious in any way, then fine - that's not a bad thing, but don't let it take over your life’s. Heavy Metal is not "the devil" and listening to a heavy metal band who is not declared a Christian band is not a sin!

PyramazeGuitar said:

I take it from this that you are a 'real' Christian. If people want to share their beliefs in a non-hostile way, then that's okay with me. The only thing I’m 100 % against, is the fanatics and extremists of this world. By that I mean people who are so consumed by their religion, that it takes over reasonable thinking and their life’s in general. The way I see it, religion should be a sanctuary for the mind, not an obsession which makes a person behave like a lunatic towards other people, religions or ideas. Let me give you an example (although it's rather harmless). I was at a party once, were we listened to really good heavy metal all night. We where head banging and drinking some beer and a bit of whisky. Just having fun - no harmful words or strange behaviour - no satanic or religious outbursts of any kind. Suddenly one of the guys disappeared into the other room, and didn't come back. We thought this was weird, so later we went in there to talk to him. What he said was: I'm sorry, I can't stand it anymore, your music and the drinking makes me have a bad conscience towards god, so I had to leave the room.... :err:
Although it's rather harmless behaviour, there's something really wrong with this scenario. Does he really think that god will strike down upon him, just because he listens to some heavy metal, and drinks a few beers?!?!? Before you say, 'oh - it's probably the booze talking' - no, he was not drunk.

I guess the moral of the story is: If people are religious in any way, then fine - that's not a bad thing, but don't let it take over your life’s. Heavy Metal is not "the devil" and listening to a heavy metal band who is not declared a Christian band is not a sin!

I consiser myself a 'real' Christian too, but I suppose there are people who would tell me differently. Not that I care, I know what I believe. Anyway, I agree in some small way that religion should be a sanctuary for the mind, but so many 'religious' and 'non-religious' people alike end up forgetting the most important part, which is the SPIRITUAL aspect of it. The part where you really do put into practice faith, hope, love, patience, kindness, charity, humility, etc, etc.... As for your example, what if there was something in the lyrics that offended him?!?!? As for me, I pretty much ONLY listen to non-Christian bands, but I could NEVER support a band that openly ridicules the Christ I believe in (=-( that rules out 99% of Black Metal bands unfortunately). Also, a person can allow their religious and spiritual beliefs to permeate their lives without it taking over their reason. That's really the whole point of Christianity.....all those good things are supposed to be natural, when in fact they are mostly unnatural (in my opinion) for the majority of human beings. I think we can all agree though that extremism is weird and for the most part baseless.

säki