What are some other bands like Pyramaze

Wow, thank you all for your thoughts, insights and recommendations, I too think we have our own sound, there is a band, that the first three songs Michael sent to me before I joined the band, reminded me of, that I really enjoyed....once I put my vocals on the stuff it sort of changed the direction and sound of the music bed I had gotten, but my first impression was that we sounded like called MAD AT GRAVITY, I first was turned on to them because they had done the sound track for the movie REIGN OF FIRE, and on the credits run I started just rocking out, loved it, waited for the song cred's and bought it online that night, now that reminds me I'm going to have to find that disc and spin it again...great stuff, but it's only a little like Pyramaze ; )
I don't know any bands that sound very much like us...I hope it stays that way!

Lance

And after listening to most of the bands you guys offered up, there's just none that comes close to Pyramaze's sound.

I have to compliment all you guys for over delivering 2 amazing cds. Nothing's coming close to your talent.

Krigloch hates Tape Nuts said:
Im gonna say this just to get people to listen to them. Go get Heavenly - Dust to Dust!
Dude, you are so right...I just listened to that album last week, and it's one of the most impressive power metal albums I've ever heard. Their new album Virus is damn good as well...cheers :kickass:

haha if this thread is turning into a "Pyramaze is heads above most others so shit lets just discuss good metal" then give Virgin Steele a shot. Romantic Metal for the savage soul is a good description of them. Cant wait for the new one to come in.

Silent Force is pretty cool DC Cooper is a great singer. Check out their latest though, Worlds Apart. It's definitely the better of the three. Or DC Cooper's self titled solo cd would be a good start, hell the band does about five or six songs from that album when they play live anyways.

I think Pyra-warriors would appreciate debut from "Outworld"- out of Texas U.S.(outworldband.com). this sounds killer!!

Wow...I 'd have to go back to the 80's and say the obvious:

Fates Warning - first 4 albums:

"Night on the Brocken"
"The Spectre Within"
"Awaken the Guardian"
"No Exit"

Queensryche - EP and first 2 albums:

"Queensryche"
"The Warning"
"Rage for Order"

Dream Theater - first two albums:

"When Dream and Day Unite"
"Images and Words"

Fates Warning - first 4 albums:

"Night on the Brocken"
"The Spectre Within"
"Awaken the Guardian"
"No Exit"

Queensryche - EP and first 2 albums:

"Queensryche"
"The Warning"
"Rage for Order"

Dream Theater - first two albums:

"When Dream and Day Unite"
"Images and Words"

Helloween:

"The Keeper of the Seven Keys"
part I and II

Wow, I'm just stunned, I can't believe I hadn't heard about Brainstorm before, they're just awesome! They've been out for some time now, check out their video Highs Without Lows on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqm-fGqbmcQ

The song is just so amazing, my CD is on the way and I really hope the whole album is as good as this song! I find a lot of similarities between them and Pyramaze. Both have similar styles of riffing (although Brainstorm is maybe a tad bit more aggressive) and atmosphere with amazingly complex but still catchy choruses ( judging from this one song of course :) ). Brainstorm has more focus on guitars and rhythm and less on the keyboards.

With just this one song, Brainstorm has entered my alltime top-5 list :D! I'm so happy I'm a metalhead! \nn/ \nn/

Yeah...if you like Brainstorm you should checkout Symphorce.(cd universe.com has all thier samples)

Andy B.Franck is the singer for both bands w/ Symphorce being the main band. Symphorce just released "Become Death" and in 05' rel. "Godspeed" wich is the only cd i have between the 2 bands-its very good!

The only band now that i enjoy as much as Pyramaze is Communic ("Waves Of Visual Decay" is killer)...from Norway.

ITS ALMOST MID-APRIL!!

haha...yeah, Brainstorm is sweet...their two most recent albums are the best...Soul Temptation (which I guess you just ordered), and Liquid Monster. Wait till you hear the Trinity Of Lust trilogy...an eastern-tinged trio of songs on Soul Temptation...major ownage :kickass:

Thanks muz, Symphorce sounded cool, though they didn't quite have the same energy and awesomeness that I feel Brainstorm has. The songs on myspace were good, but they didn't really strike me.

Iced, yeah I'm ordering Soul Temptation ( just on the basis of Highs Without Lows :) ) and it looks like it's going to be one hell of an album! \nn/

Hey ICED...you must have heard of Communic?Another great new scandi. band!

I thought of Metallica meets the Pyra-boys kinda sound!Though comparisons to Nevermore have been made.

Yeah...i thought the same at first.They vary from prog. metal to near black metal...so on (even within a song it changes).Gets better w/ each listen.

I think they are better than Nevermore -who i don't care for either.

Saying that there are no bands that are at all similar to Pyramaze is doing everyone a diservice. While Pyramaze certainly have a great and unique sound, and are arguably the best at what they do, there are at least a few bansd who deserve a nod in this discussion:

Eyefear (www.myspace.com/eyefear) are a killer prog/power band from Australia who are about as close to Pyramaze as it comes, IMO. Sure, they're not clones, but they've got the same general style and I think anyone who oves Pyramaze should check out this band. The vocals are especially amazing.

Avian (www.myspace.com/avianband) probably deserve a nod just because Lance does vocals for them too, but they're a pretty killer prog/power band in their own right.

Lanefear (www.lanfear.eu) have already been mentioned but deserve another nod. They're not quite as good as the other bands mentioned above, but they've got style and talent.

Anubis Gate (www.anubisgate.com) are a good deal more "proggy" than Pyramaze, but are nevertheless a solid prog/power band that fans of Pyramaze will probably enjoy.

If you like Pyramaze, give all of these bands a try. You'll probaly like at least one of them.

Yeah...good stuff!

re:Avian-don't forget Jonahs contribs.as well.

re:Lanfear-i'd say most similar to Pyramaze...(that you mentioned).

note:Anubis Gate is impressive & just realized that the great producer Jacob Hansen (Pyramaze, Anb.Gt.,Communic...etc.) is now Anb.Gt. new singer & producer.
Any news on thier (Anb. Gt.) new cd...can't find any?

thanks for noticing! actually, on a side note, a few reviews of the avian album talk about how awesome my keyboard solos are... except they think they are guitar solos and give the guitar players credit for them. I fully realize the tonal similarities between my solo patch and the standard guitar solo lead, but if a person can't tell the difference between a keyboard and a guitar, then they probably shouldn't be reviewing metal albums... just a thought:puke: