Is the dollar crumbling ?

FWIW while I respect and like lots of people in this forum, I think if you are really interested in this topic then a forum primarily populated by 15-30 year old metal heads is a horrible place to start. The library....that's a good place to start.

Cynicism FTW :D
Though actually this might apply to like 50% of posts here ;)

And who's 15 in here? :eek: Makes me feel old...

The system has failed.

Grandpas FTW!
I'm 33 and feeling old in this forum. I don't know any of the bands people mention! Up the old school metal!

Hey grandpa, I don't know too many modern bands either though I try to keep up o_O

Since you are from Basque Country, do you happen to know Hemorragia?
It was an underground brutaldeath band from the 90s, they never made it big, just released a demo called Rostro De Terror BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!

Since you are from Basque Country, do you happen to know Hemorragia?
It was an underground brutaldeath band from the 90s, they never made it big, just released a demo called Rostro De Terror BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!
How the hell do you know that band?
I know them but never listened to their music (or yes? i dont' remember) they were not even very famous in the Basque Country.
Very very underground. I'm sure the would be happy to know that someone from germany loves their demo!

How the hell do you know that band?
I know them but never listened to their music (or yes? i dont' remember) they were not even very famous in the Basque Country.
Very very underground. I'm sure the would be happy to know that someone from germany loves their demo!

Haha, long story.
I'm half español, spent quite some holidays in Spain years back and tried to get my hands on anything metal that I could find :)
Actually, afair, someone I got to know there passed me the demo and I was instantly floored!

I still really do not see the dollar going anywhere in the near future. The only country that could attempt to overthrow America/Bretton Woods for the commanding currency would be China (the rest of the world is in a similar financial state as the US, and usually the manufacturing giant of the world has their currency as the 'global' currency, and China is most definitely that), but if that happens and the value of the dollar plummets, everything China owns in USD's will drop drastically in value (bonds, our debt, etc.).

All current currency is inflationary. they all lose their respective value over time. just how money works! when you compare currencies side by side, yeah it looks lke one is worth a a lot more than the others, but they are all virtually worthless in comparison to the value they held 100 years ago (cept for the Euro, still realatively new as paper money).

All current currency is inflationary. they all lose their respective value over time. just how money works! when you compare currencies side by side, yeah it looks lke one is worth a a lot more than the others, but they are all virtually worthless in comparison to the value they held 100 years ago (cept for the Euro, still realatively new as paper money).

Right, but even as we pump more cash into our money supply, European governments are doing the same thing, and everyone's money is being artificially devalued about equally.

Regardless, you can't say money is worthless compared to what it used to be, unless you also say that jobs paid absolutely nothing back then compared to what they do now. Inflation affects everything... it's just numbers getting bigger, not actual value changing a whole lot (unless you get out-of-control inflation like we saw at the end of the Weimar Republic and like we're seeing right now in Zimbabwe).

Very true! I didn't wanna get too in depth cuz I'm typing on my blackberry, but I agree with ya. Inflation is a bitch and eventually it will lead to the dollar being pinned to another currency, like the euro. Or replaced altogether. Can't dilute the money supply forever, lol.