Is there anything TRULY EXCITING going on in metal these days?

this is how i tell this is shite ... all hipster stuff is more about doing different stuff for the sake of doing different stuff ... i can't explain, but I was always able to tell forced stuff from natural talent.

I don't even know how to begin replying to this so I won't. Wait, I just did.

EDIT: but LOL that out of all these non-metal bands, you fuckers go with the fruitiest of them all: M-fucking-83. You know they're French, right? :loco:

I don't even know how to begin replying to this so I won't. Wait, I just did.

EDIT: but LOL that out of all these non-metal bands, you fuckers go with the fruitiest of them all: M-fucking-83. You know they're French, right? :loco:

haha, the French have good stuff coming out in different genres nowadays.

also while the guy behind M83 is clearly a fruitcake ... the Fuck Buttons guys are mere wannabe's :loco:

I mean look at this

1.jpg

this is how i tell this is shite ... all hipster stuff is more about doing different stuff for the sake of doing different stuff ... i can't explain, but I was always able to tell forced stuff from natural talent.
awesome

Next thing you know lurch will be listening to Phoenix. Mark it down. :lol:

But seriously folks. So you think that that Grizzly Bear song sounds "forced"? Or Dirty Projectors aren't "naturally talented"? You pretty much made those comments at exactly the wrong time, considering GB and DP are probably the most talented musicians in the entire indie rock scene. And Animal Collective are complete heart and soul so I don't want to hear any more dumb comments, okay? Thank you for your time.

How did this thread become about me defending all of modern non-metal? And why am I surprised?

how is The Chasm overrated? no one ever talks about them. the last album was self-released. how does that equal overrated? just because a few people like true heavy metal gone death metal?

WTF LURCH? Everyone knows Ninjas and Samurai's are completely different. Fuck that noise.

how is The Chasm overrated? no one ever talks about them. the last album was self-released. how does that equal overrated? just because a few people like true heavy metal gone death metal?

:lol:

I hate the terms "overrated" and "underrated". Far too much misuse and abuse. Expel them from the english language!

Not too much, in answering the thread title. You may want to check out Against Nature. Each cd is different from the last, being truly progressive.

A band that youd like and RC never spoke of is The God Machine. Do some research on them. They are not current, though

Silence or you shall be added next on the list of things to expel from this world, knave!