Is there anything TRULY EXCITING going on in metal these days?

Metal, you say? Why Motorpsycho - Heavy Metal Fruit!

n8lg7mqs7426nu0ys4hw.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/336328484/Motorpsycho_-_Heavy_Metal_Fruit.zip.html

Swizzle (and whoever else may be interested), here is the Worm Ouroboros:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzjuq4tzkyj

About Caïna:

It probably won't sink in or make sense for a few listens. I neglected to mention the fact that the band (or project, whatever) progressed from Raw Black Metal up to what you see on Mourner, and further still on the next album Temporary Antennae (Which may or may not have been a better choice upon further reflection). Stick with that album and it'll grow on you. The album after that loses almost any trace of BM (and thus metal), it's good, but I feel Mourner represents what this thread is about more accurately.

There's a few things in this thread I need to check out. Sorgeldom seems to be the top of that list currently. After this Sabbat... :)

Winrar will open it.

It's the compression format 7-zip uses. Started using it when I swapped over to Win 7. It's completely free (Winrar technically isn't) and has a 64 bit version.

Erik: just listened to Sorgeldom. It's okay. I hear traces of Slowdive, but this isn't nearly as dynamic or (dare I say it) emotionally resonant. Though good, I don't find it to be all that MINDBLOWINGLY NOVEL AND COMPELLING, but it's metal that I might actually put on my iTunes (I am very selective these days), which I guess is saying something. Will listen to the other 2 tracks when I get home.

Ken: will listen when I get home.

Vittra: I will definitely be revisiting these 3 albums.

To answer the title of this thread: this thread.

so where is the "new" RC?
I'd love to know the answer to that question myself. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Ali clean up the forum. But unfortunately, he had real life to attend to.

Kinda has to do with metal's infantile desire to segregate itself from the rest of the musical world, am I right?
I've actually always viewed Metal as the great melting pot. There are Metal bands that infuse their Metal with everything from Folk, Classical, Opera, Jazz, Blues, etc. Really, I'm not sure how, as a genre, Metal could be more inclusive.

Zod

I've actually always viewed Metal as the great melting pot. There are Metal bands that infuse their Metal with everything from Folk, Classical, Opera, Jazz, Blues, etc. Really, I'm not sure how, as a genre, Metal could be more inclusive.

Zod

yeah, I agree with this and I also think that its probably the only music genre that stayed somewhat fresh and relevant after, what, 40 or so years? and it really is still reinventing itself.

look at hip-hop for example, its stale as fuck ... which really surprises me especially nowadays where in these bad times it should be sprouting pissed off rhymers everywhere. even the old artists died out, no "band" with any history behind them is really still around or relevant ( i can only think of Jay-Z) ...

Agree to an extent. But really, other than in metal is there such a concern with NON-___________? Category 1 = your favorite genre. Category 2 = what isn't your favorite genre. Take a band like Boredoms, who happen to be heavy as FVKK, but for some reason aren't a part of the "metal world" because they don't sing about forests or demons and don't have guitar solos. On the flipside, look at Ulver (and many other bands) who have been pretty much unable to escape their original identity though they have several quality releases under their belt that should prove otherwise. Kayo Dot/motW too.

What's the point in keeping metal "pure" anymore anyway? Or was there ever one?

What's the point in keeping metal "pure" anymore anyway? Or was there ever one?

i think it should stay "ideologically" pure but not necessarily musically, i mean when you start mixing metal with smooth jazz and hip hop you will inevitably end up in disaster land but that doesn't mean all outside influences are gimmicks

anyway i think what unites all real metal are a few ideas about rebellion and adherence to certain non-mainstream values and unless that is preserved then there is no metal

apt-get install p7zip

all you gotta do is type "7z x file.7z"

or if its "7z e", i forget

look at hip-hop for example, its stale as fuck ... which really surprises me especially nowadays where in these bad times it should be sprouting pissed off rhymers everywhere. even the old artists died out, no "band" with any history behind them is really still around or relevant ( i can only think of Jay-Z) ...

You're listening to the wrong artists if you think hip hop is stale nowadays. Jedi Mind Tricks, Army Of The Pharaohs, 7L&Esoteric, Snowgoons, Raekwon, Apathy, Orphans Of Cush, Celph Titled, Ghostface Killah, La Coka Nostra, Outerspace, El Da Sensei, Bronze Nazareth etc. still put out shit that is true hip hop, i.e. not gay autotune shit with crunk beats and horrible lyrics about bitchez, weed and hustlin'.

Fuck off to bullshit rappers such as Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross, T.I., Gucci Mane, T-Pain, Young Jeezy, Chamillionaire (and Jay-Z)!

Agree to an extent. But really, other than in metal is there such a concern with NON-___________? Category 1 = your favorite genre. Category 2 = what isn't your favorite genre. Take a band like Boredoms, who happen to be heavy as FVKK, but for some reason aren't a part of the "metal world" because they don't sing about forests or demons and don't have guitar solos. On the flipside, look at Ulver (and many other bands) who have been pretty much unable to escape their original identity though they have several quality releases under their belt that should prove otherwise. Kayo Dot/motW too.
There's definitely some weirdness regarding what fits under the Metal banner and what doesn't. On the one hand, I often find it odd what gets marketed (by labels) to Metal fans. On the other hand, those same Metal fans will discount a band like Lamb of God, as being something other than Metal.

Can someone Rapid Share whatever disc this is on? I'd really love to hear the whole thing before buying it, but can't find it any where. Gracias.

this is from a second album that hasn't been released yet

their first album is available from frostscald records and probably a number of american distributors and could be easily googled for download

yeah, I agree with this and I also think that its probably the only music genre that stayed somewhat fresh and relevant after, what, 40 or so years? and it really is still reinventing itself.

You're listening to the wrong artists if you think hip hop is stale nowadays. Jedi Mind Tricks, Army Of The Pharaohs, 7L&Esoteric, Snowgoons, Raekwon, Apathy, Orphans Of Cush, Celph Titled, Ghostface Killah, La Coka Nostra, Outerspace, El Da Sensei, Bronze Nazareth etc. still put out shit that is true hip hop, i.e. not gay autotune shit with crunk beats and horrible lyrics about bitchez, weed and hustlin'.

Fuck off to bullshit rappers such as Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross, T.I., Gucci Mane, T-Pain, Young Jeezy, Chamillionaire (and Jay-Z)!

I am 100% certain in my belief that when hip hop seems to be old and stagnant and everything new is bad, it's just lurch that's grown into an old cranky geezer who's too lazy to scour the underground for the quality hiphoppers.
?