Isis

Well, a bunch of Neurosis-loving guys - including member(s?) from Coalesce, and a guy from Hydrahead records.
Heavy as hell, as you probably know by now, and pretty much rooted in hardcore.
Oh, and they're pretty damn nifty :p

The only release of theirs I have is The MOsquito Control EP, which was releasedon Escape Artist Records. I think their album was on Neurot records, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

-Øystein
np: Human Remains - Where were you when

Celestial is one of my favorite releases EVER. Its just about the heaviest thing out there. Not heavy in a brutal way, but in a wall of sound/emotional way. I feel they use melody and dissonace the same way that Opeth does, albeit with a far different outcome. Get any of the songs from the Celestial CD if you don't just go out and buy it. I seriously can't say enough good things about them.

Some other bands that are like them: Cult of Luna (sweden), Breach (sweden), Old Man Gloom (well, its pretty much the same band, heh), and Cattle Press to some degree (only with a black metal influence).

Celestial was released via Escape Artist Records. The newest CD was on Neurot. And the forthcoming one is going to be on Ipecac.

so ... it looks like they have 3 EPs (misquito control, SGNL>05, Red Sea)and one full length studio album (Celestial)
anyone know where i can download any of their songs? i cant find them ANYWHERE. If not... i'll probably just get celestial anyways.

i support the "Celestial" praise. the band is deep and intense. very creative while making very destructive music, and sonically quite intricate. the same goes for Neurosis.