Israel VS. The Arab World

Schurl said:
As far as I´m concerned, Israel receives or received enormous amounts of financial aid from the US every year. What for? To pay for the weapons?

How much aid is given to Israel by the US? Currently, Arab countries owe the US billions. Germany still hasn't paid us back for helpding their rebuild after WW2.
Israel is just another of the many countries that the US helps out.

fah-q said:
How much aid is given to Israel by the US? Currently, Arab countries owe the US billions. Germany still hasn't paid us back for helpding their rebuild after WW2.
Israel is just another of the many countries that the US helps out.

Israel has been the largest annual recipient of direct economic and military assistance since 1976, and is the largest recipient in total since World War Two, to the tune of well over $140 billion in 2004 dollars. Israel receives about $3 billion in direct assistance each year, roughly one-fifth of the foreign aid budget, and worth about $500 a year for every Israeli...that is a lot of money.

Patrick R. said:
Israel has been the largest annual recipient of direct economic and military assistance since 1976, and is the largest recipient in total since World War Two, to the tune of well over $140 billion in 2004 dollars. Israel receives about $3 billion in direct assistance each year, roughly one-fifth of the foreign aid budget, and worth about $500 a year for every Israeli...that is a lot of money.

Then I guess it makes perfect sense as to why we support their positions. Aside from them being right, we need them alive to pay us back. Any good bookie will tell you that.

fah-q said:
Then I guess it makes perfect sense as to why we support their positions. Aside from them being right, we need them alive to pay us back. Any good bookie will tell you that.

HAHA...Americans will never get their money back...ever.

fah-q said:

From what I´ve read in an Austrian newspaper less than half of the aid is paid as a loan ... the rest won´t be paid back as it is a direct subvention.

Schurl said:
From what I´ve read in an Austrian newspaper less than half of the aid is paid as a loan ... the rest won´t be paid back as it is a direct subvention.

So it is no different than the millions in the US that sit their lazy asses on public assistance. Actually, it is. I would rather see our spending done within the country. Rather than see it given away to anyone outside of the US. That would include Israel.