it is tough being an anthrax fan when.......

Buddy, Lupe and Jono....You guys are right on.

Lupe, SAH-WEET pics, thanks for sharing.

Yo, B-Luv, love the sig, tell your woman she's fine.

Fan-boy? Yes I am, and I cannot think of a better band our group of fans to hook up with!!
:headbang:

You can't be friendly 24/7, I met them a couple of times and Scott/Frank/Rob ruled, I also remember the Stomp tour and Crook was the only one to stay outside the tourbus to talk, we mooned the rest of the band!!!!!I don't feel sorry for the band , they had theire peak long time ago, they wil never go big for the 2nd time,they missed the boat ages ago!!!

"Anthrax has always been a band that gave other bands - old and new, a chance to go on tour and expose them to our audience. We wanted these bands that we were into, to be appreciated by others. Let's make tonight's show a great SHOW, something special"

On their last UK tour, the support act was Kill II This a distinctly average (to put it mildly) British band who've been trawling around for ages.
The gigs were great, but that was nothing to do with the support (for the second show I stayed in the pub until I thought they would have finished) I can't believe they are actually into Kill II This.

Last night I saw Lostprophets with Avenged Sevenfold and The Bronx supporting. That was a cracking gig with two great support bands.

I look forward to seeing Viking Skull/Exodus/The Haunted/Death Angel etc as supoort when they're back in the summer!

Lupe Great Pics, thanks for posting, glad that you had a good experience.

Tattooedsean Fuck yeah, hopefully someone will put a bug in their managements ear.....and maybe just maybe have Overkill with them, they supposedly have a new album coming out.

"They easily lost 65% of their fans when they kicked Joey out of the band"

so were those 65% of fans only fans because of joey? come on that is ridiculous!!!
joey's vocals sucked bigtime.

it was when he left that anthrax changed their musical style that's probably why people lost intersest because they dig not dig the new sound. but to say they lost fans purely because of joey leaving is plain wrong.

RESPECT - THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT. OR RATHER A LACK OF IT.
ANTHRAX & METALLICA ARE THE ONLY TWO MAJOR METAL ACTS STILL
GETTING AROUND AFTER 20 ODD YEARS. PERHAPS IF THEY WERE MORE MEDIA SAVY / INTO MERCHANDISING / SELLING THEIR SOULS LIKE MANY
NEW BANDS OF TODAY - THEY WOULD BE ON OZZFEST. TODAYS MUSIC INDUSTRY IS NOT WHAT IT WAS AND I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT.
IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE OF YOUR GENE SIMMONS TYPES THAT THERE EVER WAS A REAL CHANCE FOR UPCOMMING BANDS LIKE ANTHRAX etc. OF COURSE LOOKING BACK ON IT ALL NOW, WE KNOW MISTER $IMMON$ WAS ONLY EVER INTERESTED IN ONE THING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
ANTHRAX HAS ALWAYS KEPT IT REAL. - SO FUCK THE NEY SAYERS !
I AGREE THAT A PRO-ACTIVE APPROACH ALWAYS WORKS BEST.
HELL - START ANOTHER TOUR. IT'S BEEN DONE BY OTHERS.
OZZFEST ISN'T - THE BE ALL & END ALL ( SORRY THAT WAS BAD )

I was backstage a few months ago. Charlie wouldn't shake my hand because he knew my superhuman strength would end his career as a a drummer and cartoonist. So I jackknife powerbombed him through the the table that had the anthrax m&m's and penta-twizzlers on them. Frankie charged at me and I gave him the big boot, and I then proceeded to double chokeslamm John and Scott.

Next came Rob.

Here's the thing about Rob. He's down with the devil... ya' know what I mean? He hangs with black metallers like Dimmu Borgir. So he had Lord Lucifer on his side. But that's okay, I was wearing my Venom shirt, so I channelled Cronos and his 'roid rage through my veins. We battled back and forth from the dressing room, to the parking lot, to the top of the venue. At this point, one of the security guys from the Birch Hill through a steel chair up to the roof. Rob got to it and crowned me over the head. I shook my head and wagged my finger at him while Hulking up. I then delivered a spinning heal kick and drove the chair into Rob's face. As he fell back, I grabbed him and chokeslammed him through the roof of the tour bus.

What a bunch of assholes.... after all of that, they wouldn't pose for a picture, shake my hand, etc. I'm going to write to Blabbermouth and complain.

max said:
"They easily lost 65% of their fans when they kicked Joey out of the band"

so were those 65% of fans only fans because of joey? come on that is ridiculous!!!
joey's vocals sucked bigtime.

it was when he left that anthrax changed their musical style that's probably why people lost intersest because they dig not dig the new sound. but to say they lost fans purely because of joey leaving is plain wrong.

I'm not saying that at all. A band is the sum of the parts, not one individual. If you remove a major part that created that sound, it's a very fundamental change for what may have made them popular to start with. In response to the other guy, that's why Joey's solo albums sold 10 copies---he didn't have the rest of the guys with him.

This isn't an argument about whether Joey's vocals sucked or not, it's about the fans and what made them popular in the beginning. Hey, I like Bush way better than Joey, but some of my favorite songs are still from the Joey era. Capice?

tattooedsean666 said:
I am glad that this has caused a lively conversation. I obviously have better sources than blabbermouth or the more fact oriented www.smnnews.com but unfortunately alot of people live by that stupid page.

I have a suggestion for Anthrax. With the release of the upcoming cd of older hits, why not try to hook up with death angel again, along with exodus and testament for a real return of the clash of the titans tour 2004 style???:Spin: :headbang: All bands mentioned will have new cds out this year:worship:
right on man!!!

Of course people will bitch when things aren't how they want them to be...it's human nature. I've met other rock "stars" who have been unbelievably cool (Gary Cherone, Richie Kotzen, Stevie Salas, Zakk Wylde) and others who have been dicks (George Lynch, Mick Brown, Audley Freed) but I had given 'Thrax the benefit of the doubt after the first meeting...maybe Scott had a bad day or something. Just wasn't the case, oh well. Either way John is the man, Charlie & Scott can keep crying (just keep writing the tunes, I'll keep buying.) Could it be their fanbase has deteriorated along with their attitudes?

As for wishing they were on a better tour...whaddya gonna do? Metallica won't bring 'em cause they don't want to seem nostalgic, they aren't nu-breed sounding enough for the new bands, their in a tight spot. As for Ozzfest, between Priest & Slayer, the old school was covered. It just sucks cause WCFYA is such a great CD.

Well as far as the Australian Tour is concerned, I couln't be any fucken happier. Anthrax kicks ass ( we all agree ) but Killswitch Engage is also mighty
fucken awesome ! if anyone hasn't heard them - check the first EP out.
nothing short of brutal + lots of sweet assed melodies. This tour will prove
beyond a doubt that Anthrax can still cut with the new edge stuff.
This tour will do huge things for both bands under the equator ! !
Politics in music is a pain in the ass, but it is a reality. That's the game.
Lets all accept it, get over it and rock the fuck out together !

I've met the band. In fact same time that Lupe did.
Scott, he was standoffish, but this was getting towards the tail end of the trip. He did get pictures taken with him, shook hands, autographed stuff to the fans that were nice. He was nice back. If someone was being pushy, Scott wasn't cordial back. Charlie didn't shake hands I think because of arthitis? But he still signed and took pictures. Rob, wow, he ruled. He shook hands, took pictures, I even had one I took of him and his g/f or wife. I was introduced to him as a fan who flew down from Washington State to see them in Texas and he was real nice guy. I watched concert from the side of the stage and he would during changing guitars between songs talk with me. "How's the concert so far? Is it kickin ass for ya?" Met those 3 before the concert. Frank and John I didn't meet till afterwards. Rob was the first out after the concert and he met the fans out back behind the venue. Scott walked out, saw how many fans were there and they were pretty much causing a mosh pit out back that he said, "fuck this shit" and went back in the dressing room until they had the fans out back moved back. Frank came out next and he was awesome. When told I flew down from Washington, he was like, "why the hell did you fly to here?" and we talked some. He told me they tour back up in Washington and told him I didn't care if I got backstage, I'd go no matter what. John came out after him, told him how I saw the concert at the Gorge Ampitheater (where the fans started moshing in the metal folding chairs that some idiot decided would have metal chairs in the mosh pit spot and because Anthrax was playing then and they "incited a mosh pit" that they had to pay for the chairs) He was like, "you were at that show? That venue kicks ass, but the management there sux ass." and he was nice as hell. Talked to me a little bit about touring back up there.

Overall, they were nice if you were nice back and weren't being pushy. Now, some days they might not be like that, and some days they might be better. But in my one time experience with them, they were hella cool.

Reactions: Redhot
Yeah, i've heard several people have been treated kind of rude by scott and sometimes charlie, but that hasn't been my experience...I met them a few times and all have been cool as hell, especially john and frank. I think sometimes fans catch them at a bad time, but still the band needs to be cool with the people who support them and basically make their career possible. But I understand that you can't always front a good mood when you're pissed about whatever. As a whole though I am willing to bet that Anthrax is cooler with their fans than 90% of the bands out there, especially of their music genre!

ARMORED THRAX--You live in Orlando? I'm in Winter Park, we should get a drink sometime! My hangout is the Winghouse on 436, the waitresses are hot as hell! :OMG:

I was at the What Doesn't Die video shoot.
Hanging with those guys for ~12 hours.
All were very cool to me and others that were there.

Scott was a little standoffish, but that shouldn't be interpreted as being a dick. Maybe he just like a little space.
I'm sure a lot of us would be considered standoffish too. (I know I would)