It's gonna have to be mind blowing or fuck it - Opeth

Wow... I just listened to Still Life. It must have been 7 or 8 years since I last listened to it, because I remember I didn't like it at all.
This album is fucking fantastic :tickled: Now I'm giving MAYH another try.

(it's still very inferior to Morningrise though :p)

I used to really dislike the Deliverence album, with time i kind of learned to like it
Watershed is currently my least favorite. As much as I love damnation I wouldn't like to see another damnation
as many here i'd love to hear something new and different from them.
I can't see how can anyone hate still life...it's one of their best albums

I find Still Life, Blackwater Park and Deliverance (yep, really) to be a 10/10 hat-trick. While remaining interesting since, the musical flow hasnt been the same really. Talking about pre still life however, I think the presence musicaly wasnt ready and matured yet. Well, down to biz - i'm definately interested in seeing what mike the bike and his crew will bring to the table 2011.

was listening to some morningrise earlier, damn i just want to see Opeth make a comeback so bad, last 3 albums were just WEAK (yes i'm including damnation, twas okay, but nothing like deliverance).

I still enjoy Opeth's new music. It took me awhile to really like Ghost Reveries and while I enjoy a few tracks on that album quite a lot, it still feels like it is missing something. I thought Watershed was good, but not even close to great and rarely emotionally charged.

I listened to Still Life a few days ago and definitely realized that their newer music is not as emotionally charging for me. While listening to Still Life, I told my girlfriend that I hope the next Opeth album will make me love them again, ha. I hate being a "the old stuff is so much better" guy, but I just felt a lot more pre-Ghost Reveries. I still have hope for the new album though, so I am excited to see where they have gone.

I still enjoy Opeth's new music. It took me awhile to really like Ghost Reveries and while I enjoy a few tracks on that album quite a lot, it still feels like it is missing something. I thought Watershed was good, but not even close to great and rarely emotionally charged.

I listened to Still Life a few days ago and definitely realized that their newer music is not as emotionally charging for me. While listening to Still Life, I told my girlfriend that I hope the next Opeth album will make me love them again, ha. I hate being a "the old stuff is so much better" guy, but I just felt a lot more pre-Ghost Reveries. I still have hope for the new album though, so I am excited to see where they have gone.

Except "Watershed" was brilliant. :rolleyes:

Watershed to me is easily their worst album. I barely listen to it, I tend to skip around on the tracks when I put it in, same for GR......still life, now that was a great album

The only weak spot on Ghost Reveries was the Grand Conjuration, cause it reminds me of a metalcore song, besides that it's flawless...I really can't see why many people don't love that album

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

I've got quite the revolutionary idea, how bout we all stfu about Opeth till the new album arrives? Any takers?