Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
From the IE JonBoard:

Posted by Jon Schaffer on Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 11:43PM :
Greetings!

Well everyone, it is official. Tim Owens is the new frontman and lead vocalist of Iced Earth and I couldn't be happier!
There is no doubt that fate has played a big part in our lives in these last few months and I truly beleive that this is the way it was meant to be. Everything happens for a reason!!
Tim did an outstanding job on this record. In 5 very relaxed days he nailed the parts, and I mean NAILED them, and I don't think I've ever laughed as much and had as much fun in the studio before. He is definitely bringing new life into the band and the future looks very bright for us as a team. Tim knows who he is, what he stands for and is very dedicated; and he's funny as hell, all very important traits!
One of the greatest things about all of it is that The Glorious Burden is a new beginning. I'm very, very excited to see what Tim and I can do together as a writing team.
There is real chemistry between the two of us and I'm 100% confident that I.E.'s best work is in our future. I feel like I'm 10 years younger and am having more fun than I've ever had before. I see us having a very long and fullfilling career together!

The art is done and the layouts are almost there and before you know it the best Iced Earth album to date will be unleashed. In my opinion, nothing we've ever done comes close to "The Glorious Burden". It is by far the best album so far, in all ways, writing, performance and spirit. It is now the way it was meant to be!

On another bit of news my historical collectibles shop is now open. We are open Friday & Saturday 10:00am to 8:00pm and Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm. It is truly one of the most unique places in the country. If you love history, art, miniatures, models, battlefield relics, etc.. you've got to come and see Spirit of '76 Collectibles. The website is in the works and you can get a good look at the shop and a sample of our products at www.spirit-of-76.com. The site is being handled by Todd Brown and he's working on it pretty steadily so try to check back often.

Look for Iced Earth on our "Glorious World Tour" starting in early 2004. I'm so psyched I can hardly wait!!

The Revolution Is Closer Than Ever Before!!

Later,

Jon

----------

Well, this is quite awesome news, methinks. I have faith in Tim's ability to pull it off. One thing, though..."Glorious World Tour"? :guh: Jon, turn off the fuckin Manowar.

:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

I don't want Ripper to move a finger for this Iced Earth band!! He is such a good singer and now he's gonna be completely wasted in IE. F.ck it!

Ripper is such a good singer..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA who the fuck are you kiddin man! Fred Durst has more talent. LMFAO

ripper_sucks said:
Ripper is such a good singer..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA who the fuck are you kiddin man! Fred Durst has more talent. LMFAO
I'm not exactly in the mood of arguing with an asshole that doesn't even register...

By the way, I am a woman, not a man...

neal said:
anyone wanna bet 'the glorious burden' sucks a nut anyway?
-neal

No, because even though Ripper isn't one of my Fav vocalists, he at least is talented, nut I want Barlow back too, anyways, I would love to have John Sceaffers guitar siund.

Wow. the negativity radiating from this announcement is appalling. I don't agree with Barlow leaving, but if he couldn't stand to continue with Iced Earth, it would have sucked even more than what you are thinking it does. Besides, Ripper is a good singer, and I'm sure he can hold his own. Props to Jon and good luck to him even if the title of "The Glorious World Tour" sounds ManowaR-ish.

I've known Tim for a lot of years (we're from the same area), and IE isn't his dream job. But he's got bills to pay, too. And it's certainly better than coming back home to his band here (although he does still play with them when he can). I'm not a big IE fan, so it doesn't matter to me who sings with them, but at least Tim might get some decent recognition from this instead of being just that new singer for Judas Priest.

how is that different than being the new singer for iced earth? its not like he started that band or anything. hes 'just' a replacement again. IE already had a good career before he came along. its no different really. it might bring some new fans to IE though. jon is a cocksucker but he's not a fool. Tim already has recognition and im sure some JP fans will check out his 'new' project.
-neal

I'm just waiting for the new IE to be released and see the sticker on the CD saying something like "...with the ex-Judas Priest singer Tim "Ripper" Owens on vocals..."

Raven: what you wrote completely makes sense. I wouldn't think that IE would be his dream job either...

Barlow and Schaffer are brothers in law. Imagine the drama at family gatherings. Shudders at the thought.

I'm still holding out hope that some day barlow will do something solo, or guest vocals on something. I hope. It'd kill me to not hear his immense voice again.