It's that time again COB fans...interview questions

Karma In Black

A Blessing In Disguise
Apr 29, 2004
Chicago
www.fourteeng.net
Hej! It's been a while but guess what we're talking to Alexi again (on 1 October). Much has changed since the days of old; we are doing audio interviews now so you can hear the entire thing with your own ears!! :)

You have any questions for Alexi that you'd like for me to ask? Let me know.

Cheers!:headbang:

You played the classic Bed Of Razors since a long time (2001), how was it and why did you choose to play that?

Why the addition of Bed of Razors to the setlist? (I'm so glad its been added!)
Will we see more old songs like Children of Bodom added? (Self-Titled song)
What's the touring schedule like for the rest of the year?

That's in the name of all the guitar freaks like me:

Alexi, how is that you're apparently back with EMG after the short time with Seymour Duncan? And is it true that you're designing your own signature pickup?

Is Bed of Razors a one time only song, or will it become a regular within the setlist?

and tell him I'll buy him a drink when they come to Philly/NY.

:rolleyes:

^They played CoB (the song) on the last tour.

Damn really? I don't remember that. Are you saying Gigantour or the last time they headlined? I went to both but don't remember that song being on the setlist. I saw em in SJ (gigantour) and SF (headline).

What is the new tattoo and what special meaning, if any, does the number 33 have for him?

i think alexi doesnt like to talk about his tats cause there have been quite a few times he has not wanted to talk about them when asked,or just says its better not to talk about it....thats what ive seen,

and yea ask him about his short relationship with seymour and hopefully the production of his signature model,but its strange cause the EMG website has roope and i think henkka but not alexi on their artist list,so yea strange

I've definitely got a question:

What's happening with sinergy and when are they going to finish the end of the recordings of sins of the past so they can release it?

We've been waiting years patiently, but we need that album!

^No, not again.

Ask: When do you think you will have time to record the remaining material for the new Sinergy album?

He was talking in one interview about touring in Europe and coming to Finland. I know they are coming with Slipknot but is it possible to see CoB-headlinetour in Europe and Finland? Summerfestivals just arent enough...

I've definitely got a question:

What's happening with sinergy and when are they going to finish the end of the recordings of sins of the past so they can release it?

We've been waiting years patiently, but we need that album!

That is a very good question, but he will probably ignore it ;)

re the Sinergy question, I think he already kind of answered that in the interview from Suite101, 11 September:

Alexi on the Long Delayed Sinergy Album

Suite 101: Is Sinergy still an ongoing concern?

Alexi: “Erm…I don’t think so. I mean, I don’t know. We never really decided on anything. We never officially broke up but with these schedules it’s been impossible to do anything. I’m sure we can finish this one album that we started recording like three years ago but…well, we’ll see. Maybe one day, you never know.”

Suite 101: Is it true that the album was mostly recorded at one point but the recordings got lost?

Alexi: “We’ve got drum tracks, rhythm guitars, bass and some vocals as well so there’s only guitar leads and vocals missing. Nothing got lost, any master tapes or anything.”

Suite 101: But for the moment there are no concrete plans to finish it?

Alexi: “Correct.”

Alexi, how is that you're apparently back with EMG after the short time with Seymour Duncan? And is it true that you're designing your own signature pickup?

Ask: When do you think you will have time to record the remaining material for the new Sinergy album?

I support these!! Mybe you could ask the Sinergy question at the end of the interview, just in case you don't want to poison the atmosphere for the rest of the time ;)

Or another Sinergy Question: Does he still like this kind of music? Or is he tired of it?

My other question would be:
It's known that he isn't fan of the internet, especially the community aspect. But does he know and appreciate the fact, that there's a community who does creative bodom-related stuff, like for example a thread where all songs are properly tabbed, a thread where people record riffs of Children of Bodom etc. ?

Oh, and: Were his Jackson's made out of alder or poplar? :D

And try not to be satisfied with I don't know or We will see, demand somekind of an answer. If he says Maybe sometime, ask when that sometime may be.