It's that time again COB fans...interview questions

I have three questions for him:

1) Alexi, do you enjoy being a sell-out?

2) What does it feel to play shitty mainstream hardcore music?

3) Can you bring Alexander back?

i think the 3) question is not really appropriate cause it was alexander who wanted to leave COB for his reasons,and roope is a main member i dont think its nice if laiho or the rest of COB would or like to boot roope and if its cause of the neoclassical reason,try to just live with the fact maybe laihos tired of playing neoclassical even though we all and me included liked that more hahaa

Karma, ask Alexi if they've had any good bus parties on this tour yet, and have they invented any new games to keep themselves
amused, apart from throwing things at each other!

i'll be at the october 1st show :)

i can't think of anything specific to ask, but obviously try not to ask the same old crap that every interviewer does, try to come up with some different stuff

Sweet that you're going to the show on the 1st but I have never asked Alexi or Henkka anything in the same old crap vein! Check out the previous interviews on the site for yourself! ;)

cause they know you're there :lol:

haha,but killergon i think its not COB and laiho who will be able to answer,im sure its the managers and promoters,

maybe my personal ideas would be that maybe there arent enough people who listen to COB there,or selling there,transportation cause its not like they wanna play 3 shows in SA then have to transport all that gear back,well im jsut geussing thats all

haha,but killergon i think its not COB and laiho who will be able to answer,im sure its the managers and promoters,

maybe my personal ideas would be that maybe there arent enough people who listen to COB there,or selling there,transportation cause its not like they wanna play 3 shows in SA then have to transport all that gear back,well im jsut geussing thats all
Are you kidding me? The metal fanbase in South America is one of the loudest and loyal you can find. Believe me, there's enough people for them to come, at least, to Argentina and Brazil.

^Why? To go there and hear you rant about how shit they are nowadays?

Anyway, I remember Alexi being asked that one time and he was like ''We don't want to go down there''. Why? I don't have a clue.

I've definitely got a question:

What's happening with sinergy and when are they going to finish the end of the recordings of sins of the past so they can release it?

We've been waiting years patiently, but we need that album!

^No, not again.

Ask: When do you think you will have time to record the remaining material for the new Sinergy album?

^That. If asked in a ''harash'' way like demanding him to actually go and finish it he'll even get more tired of it, so no point on that.

He was talking in one interview about touring in Europe and coming to Finland. I know they are coming with Slipknot but is it possible to see CoB-headlinetour in Europe and Finland? Summerfestivals just arent enough...

Roope and Alexi himself (I hope Miia or sleeper can help me to find the interviews) have said that they're headlining Europe after Christmas, and I don't see the reason why they'd skip their homecountry.

I support these!! Mybe you could ask the Sinergy question at the end of the interview, just in case you don't want to poison the atmosphere for the rest of the time ;)

Or another Sinergy Question: Does he still like this kind of music? Or is he tired of it?

My other question would be:
It's known that he isn't fan of the internet, especially the community aspect. But does he know and appreciate the fact, that there's a community who does creative bodom-related stuff, like for example a thread where all songs are properly tabbed, a thread where people record riffs of Children of Bodom etc. ?

Oh, and: Were his Jackson's made out of alder or poplar? :D

Nice ones Corny!

I have one question for you: do you enjoy being an asshole?

We all know you were looking for this exact kind of answer, so there you go, have a rant about how right you are about COB being a sellout band atm and how COB with Ale is better than COB with Roope.

Are you going to make another album(or just thing to make it)

Janne said in an interview (or maybe it was on CRY, don't remember) that the band has signed a new contract for 3 records. If they said it on CRY, then expect 2 more albums, if they said it recently, expect three, but yeah, expect another album.

Will there be a compilation album featuring just all your cover songs? would kick ass.. :kickass:

Dude that's been asked like a million times, and they always go the same way ''Yeah, it'd be cool'', ''maybe if we have time'' or whatever. The further they've went was some time that they said that they actually have it in mind but that they'd have to record some 4 or 5 brand new cover songs for that so the fans wouldn't get only the already relased cover songs.

Janne said in an interview (or maybe it was on CRY, don't remember) that the band has signed a new contract for 3 records. If they said it on CRY, then expect 2 more albums, if they said it recently, expect three, but yeah, expect another album.

So 2or3 album...it sounds great...we'have only to wait...

Thank you for this news

If you can...find where did you read it,and post it please(or send me a pm)

Are you still be able to play a song from something wild you didn't play live for a long time like the nail or Red Light in my eyes instantly?

Do you want to induce people to do something (saying fuck you to everyone doesn't count ;)) with your lyrics?

How far goes your vocal range?

^No, not again.

Ask: When do you think you will have time to record the remaining material for the new Sinergy album?

Yeah you're totally right, that's a much better way to put it.

I really hope you guys ask this question.

You're a jerk. Roope isn't the problem... that should be pretty obvious if you've ever listened to Sinergy.

If you think Alexi and the rest of the band members would bend over and change the entire style of playing of the entire band just from roope suggesting it, you're retarded. Roope is just going with the flow of where cob is going.

What I don't get is how Janne puts up with it. I mean he used to play jazz before he played metal, and neoclassical metal is at least musical enough that it'd be a cool genre for him to transition into. But going into their current style I can't believe he's totally okay with it o_O

Maybe this has already been asked, so sorry if it has, but if he could have his old Jackson guitars back, would he take them over the ESP's he has now?