It's that time again COB fans...interview questions

Are you one of those kids who never heard of opinion?

Liking the style of AYDY is like liking pop music. It's not so much an opinion as much as just going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing. It's mainstream hardcore music and it's shit. It's made even more obvious that alexi didn't care about the playing of it at the time as his live performances during the AYDY era were terrible.

If AYDY is your favorite COB album, you're not going to be well received in these forums. Generally the people in these forums are the ones that like cob from the beginning. IMO Hatebreeder is the best neo-classical album of theirs, and Follow The Reaper is their best overall album. AYDY is pure trash and I can't stand to listen to it.

HCDR is a different matter altogether as it was while they were making the transition, so some songs like angels don't kill are amazing, while others are hardcore shit.

Whoever was wondering how Janne 'put up with' the new Bodom style..Janne is instrumental to making the new bodom sound he doesn't just go along with the direction the others are heading in,he helps pave the way..that and the fact that he's not just into metal and jazz,he's probably into everything,like me, so he's just trying out something different he enjoys. I doubt he sees it as too much of a transition..

Karma, ask Alexi if Bodom plan on uploading CoB Tv news part 3 anytime soon for us or are they keeping it for the new dvd?

Do they envision themselves as a band to become like Iron Maiden or Metallica, touring and making albums when they get their age, or is there a certain time they consciously want to settle back to normality and live out their lives away from the limelight? I remember Sampy said that when she asked Alexi about the whole wildchild image he just kind of said that he was turning 30 so..maybe he sees a sell by date on how much of his life he wants to spend in the public eye too..

Has Alexi ever considered movies?

Does he where the lock and chain around his neck as a tribute to anyone, like Duff McKagen who constantly wore it as a tribute to Sid Vicious? Or if he just wears it cos it looks badass!?

Liking the style of AYDY is like liking pop music. It's not so much an opinion as much as just going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing.

If AYDY is your favorite COB album, you're not going to be well received in these forums. Generally the people in these forums are the ones that like cob from the beginning. IMO Hatebreeder is the best neo-classical album of theirs, and Follow The Reaper is their best overall album. AYDY is pure trash and I can't stand to listen to it.

:rolleyes: How can you say if they're just doing what everyone else is doing because it's more profitable and 'mainstream'? Alexi obviously has very broad music tastes,Alice Cooper,Wasp,GnR,Slayer,Klamydia, Darkthrone,AndrewWK,Samantha Fox, Mozart,Bach! And obviously Janne does! They're likely just sick of playing neo-classical..they might want to just challenge themselves with a new style and also want to keep the music enjoyable, different and unrepetitive being the creative people they are. I really don't think they're just going with the flow to make more money,but I do think they've probably been influenced to some extent.

There's no need to get elitist over the AYDY issue either, liking their older material better doesn't make you more tr00 I personally happen to like everything,depends what mood I'm in. Blooddrunk and AYDY have some awesome melodys,riffs,duels and solos too if you'd get off your high horse and listen to them, Then again it's all just opinion..

:rolleyes: How can you say if they're just doing what everyone else is doing because it's more profitable and 'mainstream'? Alexi obviously has very broad music tastes,Alice Cooper,Wasp,GnR,Slayer,Klamydia, Darkthrone,AndrewWK,Samantha Fox, Mozart,Bach! And obviously Janne does! They're likely just sick of playing neo-classical..they might want to just challenge themselves with a new style and also want to keep the music enjoyable, different and unrepetitive being the creative people they are. I really don't think they're just going with the flow to make more money,but I do think they've probably been influenced to some extent.

There's no need to get elitist over the AYDY issue either, liking their older material better doesn't make you more tr00 I personally happen to like everything,depends what mood I'm in. Blooddrunk and AYDY have some awesome melodys,riffs,duels and solos too if you'd get off your high horse and listen to them, Then again it's all just opinion..

I never said anything bad about blooddrunk, nor did I ever say anything about him doing it because it made more money. You can stop putting words in my mouth, thanks. You ask me to actually listen to AYDY. I have. I listened to it a lot, trying to convince myself I just wasn't used to it yet because it was a new album. You, on the other hand, need to actually read my post.

I also never said liking the older music more makes me "tr00" or some shit. There's no badassery points here or indieness or any of that shit. It's not about the lifestyle or the image, it's about the music. If you think (which your post says you do) that AYDY was a challenge, you really haven't listened to their older albums. After recording songs like kissing the shadows, recording AYDY must have been a cakewalk for alexi.

I never said anything bad about blooddrunk, nor did I ever say anything about him doing it because it made more money. You can stop putting words in my mouth, thanks. You ask me to actually listen to AYDY. I have. I listened to it a lot, trying to convince myself I just wasn't used to it yet because it was a new album. You, on the other hand, need to actually read my post.

I also never said liking the older music more makes me "tr00" or some shit. There's no badassery points here or indieness or any of that shit. It's not about the lifestyle or the image, it's about the music. If you think (which your post says you do) that AYDY was a challenge, you really haven't listened to their older albums. After recording songs like kissing the shadows, recording AYDY must have been a cakewalk for alexi.

It's little thing called interpretation. :p Maybe you didn't mean it to sound that way but saying that they're
just going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing
sounds to me like you're saying they're purposely going mainstream, probably for financial reasons other than because that's the musical direction they want to go in.

Ok so you didn't say anything about BD;) but if you thought AYDY was
hardcore shit
twas safe enough to assume you thought of all the new stuff in the same category from how you differentiated them in what you said about HCDR. If you don't like AYDY thats grand since you did give it a fighting chance :) That was kind of not directed at you as much really, I was just getting annoyed generally at people's attitudes towards the new stuff :)

With statements like these though,you can hardly blame me for thinking you were elitist..

you're not going to be well received in these forums. Generally the people in these forums are the ones that like cob from the beginning.

If you think (which your post says you do) that AYDY was a challenge, you really haven't listened to their older albums.

Ok.. so you talk about me jumping to conclusions! :lol: I didn't say AYDY was a challenge to play but it's a challenge in that it's a change of style, something new,different from the neoclassical stuff they were used to, so it obviously would have been more of a test for them to come up with than another Hatebreeder imo. :) Take the time to read the post before you reply, ktnx!

Also presuming that I havent heard, or realise the complexity of the old stuff was a low blow :lol: FTR is my fav album..

Lol, it's just that putting the word "challenge" and AYDY in the same sentence is ridiculous unless the challenge is listening to it.

I don't know if you've ever tried writing music, so I don't want to assume anything, but personally when I try to write music, writing generic thrash metal licks is really easy, while applying classical musical ideas to metal and making it sound metal rather than classical is much harder.

Firen said:
Can you please let him know that nearly every Bodom fan still enjoys if not loves Something Wild.

Firen said:
Are you fucking kidding me? Are you one of those kids you thinks HCDC and AYDY are their best records?

Whether or not I like HCDR and/or AYDY is besides the point. Your statement is bullshit. You even contradict yourself by pointing out that people do like their later albums. I personally like HB and FTR the best, but that doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot.

You should ask something concerning the fact people divide their 6 albums into the three older ones and the three newer ones, couldn't they make sort of a hybrid album, combining the guitar/keyboard virtuosity pattern while keeping the heaviness... I mean some of the new stuff is like there's mud, there's a cool part, there's mud again, another cool part... (with the boring choruses etc... like Banned from Heaven) while some of the old stuff is just non-stop melody and crunch (with some silly parts like Kissing the Shadows chorus or Children of Decadence verses.)

Ask him to describe the good sides and the bad sides of the older and newer albums.

Very good idea. I know exactly what you mean. I freakin love the main lick from banned from heaven, but there are parts during the main verses/choruses/etc where I'm just like T_T

^I removed that post because I think I'm not using the correct terms.

Ask: What do you think are the best elements of the older COB albums, and compare them to the best elements of the newer albums.

Are they gonna play the rest of Blooddrunk songs live? They already stated Lobodomy will most likely not be played live, but what about Roadkill Morning and Done With Everything?

And what about Trashed, Lost & Strungout, is it still in plans to be rehearsed and taken to the live setlist? Will they play Punch Me I Bleed again? According to an Alexi interview by Zarok 1-2 years ago these songs are supposed to be played again at some point. Or are they too busy trying to get the new setlist working well enough. Ask.

Lol, it's just that putting the word "challenge" and AYDY in the same sentence is ridiculous unless the challenge is listening to it.

I don't know if you've ever tried writing music, so I don't want to assume anything, but personally when I try to write music, writing generic thrash metal licks is really easy, while applying classical musical ideas to metal and making it sound metal rather than classical is much harder.

Ok so maybe it wasn't as complex as the older stuff, but when Im deciding whether I like a song or not, I don't necessarily run through whether or not the song is structurally complicated or a 'challenge' to play before I make up my mind. As long as it sounds good it doesn't matter. Even if AYDY isn't light and classically influenced,the solos and riffs imo,still sound amazing. :kickass: regardless of the effort it took to compose them. For some people I suppose they judge how impressive and technical the guitarwork is before being able to admire the music. In some ways too,the heavy chugging in AYDY makes it sound heavier than their earlier stuff, making it even less like the pop music you compared it to :p :)

I've never properly tried to write music so you have the upper hand on me on this one but I don't really think classical music is aeons away from metal. They're the only types of music imo that can sound epic and grandiose and I think the melodies can translate easily from one to the other.Roope and Alexi's Vivaldi impersonations sound metal but still very true to their classical roots, as do apocalypticas stuff so I doubt its crazy hard to apply classical stuff to the metal genre.I'm sure coming up with the trashy stuff is easier like you said, but Bodom's trashiness isn't as simple and monotone as early Metallica,not all trash is simple and unsophisticated. Some of the trashy stuff in BD is supposedly much harder to play than the earlier stuff according to people here.

But anyway I dont really care :lol: don't want this thread to be polluted by the usual off topic comparison crap.

Question for Alexi: Will you ever just dye your hair back blonde!?

1.Are your parents proud of you? Did they support you?

2.What do you think about George W. Bush?

He's answered both before though..I think his mother used to let him off school on a regular basis to play guitar..they always supported him and stood by him when he was cutting himself and in and out of hospital despite the hardship he cost them and stayed up all night with him when he was young and drunk so he wouldn't choke on his own vomit. I'm too lazy to go find the direct quotes but Sleeper posted them in the interview thread before I think. :p

He's not into politics methinks,probably doesn't have an opinion, it'd be a good question for Henkka, though I think I heard him answer it before too..

Is the interview going to be on during the day does anyone know or later on?

For some people I suppose they judge how impressive and technical the guitarwork is before being able to admire the music.

I do not do this, you misunderstand me. I was making the argument about the technicality of the music because YOU were talking about them making a challenge.

:p I was just countering your point ;)

Lol I agree with the blond hair thing. I think it looked better like that :)

Wow I just read the whole AYDY thing... Wow people, maybe it wasn't the best thing they ever put out but out of all the albums they have put out one's gotta be the worst. It's your opinion which is the worst, and I doubt you're going to change someone elses opinion.

Comparing it to pop music though... Just... No...

But anyway yeah I think his hair looked much better blond :lol:

The POLK thing is a good question too. I'd keep politics out of the interview though, I know personally when someone asks my political ideals not only does it kill the conversation but it usually just ends up with a fight.

The POLK thing is a good question too. I'd keep politics out of the interview though, I know personally when someone asks my political ideals not only does it kill the conversation but it usually just ends up with a fight.

polk.jpg