I've been thinking about dreads.

Before I cut my hair off, it'll be in dreads. I've always wanted them, and I know lots of people that have nice clean, evenly spaced dreads that actually look really awesome. I'm not going to ruin my hair with them right now, but I'm not naive enough to think that I'll have long hair for the rest of my life, so many years ago I made the decision that when the day comes where I decide to cut it off, I'm going to put it in dreads instead and see how I like it. If I hate it... well they get cut off, since I'd planned on doing it anyways. I'll make sure mine are always clean (I'm pretty high maintainence with my hair now) and nice looking and not smelly. Dreads are only gross and nasty if you let them get that way. My only real concern is that my hair might not be thick enough for dreads to look good.

Who knows when that day will ever come, though. I don't expect it to be any time soon.

Before I cut my hair off, it'll be in dreads. I've always wanted them, and I know lots of people that have nice clean, evenly spaced dreads that actually look really awesome. I'm not going to ruin my hair with them right now, but I'm not naive enough to think that I'll have long hair for the rest of my life, so many years ago I made the decision that when the day comes where I decide to cut it off, I'm going to put it in dreads instead and see how I like it. If I hate it... well they get cut off, since I'd planned on doing it anyways. I'll make sure mine are always clean (I'm pretty high maintainence with my hair now) and nice looking and not smelly. Dreads are only gross and nasty if you let them get that way. My only real concern is that my hair might not be thick enough for dreads to look good.

Who knows when that day will ever come, though. I don't expect it to be any time soon.

Nicely said.

Call me crazy, but I dont think many people get dreads for increased sex appeal.

I've thought about it before, but I dont think I would have the patience to keep them clean really. Also I dont know how the hell I would look with them. My hair is so thick that it already starts to naturally clump after a few days without washing.

Call me crazy, but I dont think many people get dreads for increased sex appeal.

I've thought about it before, but I dont think I would have the patience to keep them clean really. Also I dont know how the hell I would look with them. My hair is so thick that it already starts to naturally clump after a few days without washing.

You go a few days without washing your hair?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.............

Allegedly, after an initial process of hair oiling up during the first several ________ (days? weeks?) that strips off and it gains unworldly attributes. Or so some lady famous for her awesome hair and sexing some old rock star whom I forget his name at the moment was claiming on the news one day

I generally wash and condition mine every other day. Sometimes every day if I'm active and getting sweaty.