Japan´s Tsunami

I'm pretty sure that's a fake one, but goddamn that would be glorious.

It is not. They have now confirmed a radiation leak as the result of the explosions.

Also not sure if my calculations where correct but, if the leak is as bad or close to meltdown, the amount of radiation that would reach the west coast would be enough to kill everyone within 6-10 days. 750-1500 Rads is a lot of radiation.

This could be a bit more of a situation:

Japan_Nuclear_Reactor_Meltdown_fallout.jpg

cnn has reported a reactor is in a state of meltdown, and a second might go

I experienced an earthquake of 8.3. Man, the earthy smell in the air, people in shock. then the aftershocks that were 5 to 7.7 (that last caught me in class ... TWICE)
This situation is really fucked up, at least in my country engineering is almost perfect, and specifically in my city very few buildings collapsed. But in the cities of the coast the story was different. The tsunami warning was completely discarded, then... hours later, the sea entered the cities and even boats were found in the streets. There are even videos that show 3-story houses being swept away by the sea.

trapped in japanese disney? that's not even funny

I remember this north american guy... Keith.
HE RAN AWAY FROM HIS WORK DURING AN AFTERSHOCK (his jacket is still in his desk btw, he fucking left the country)

Woah can we provide a link to that info? I read on CNN that there was potential for a meltdown, not an actual meltdown. And that the actual explosions were in an outer building of the plant and radiation was not leaked.

Check the top of the page, in the breaking news flash

"We are assuming that a meltdown has occurred" at a nuclear power reactor, Japan's chief Cabinet secretary says.

On the news, some brit cnn station, they said they think two of the three reactors are in stage of meltdown.. they think?? how do they think? there has to be some reason they are thinking this

Japanese officials have been giving conflicting stories however what information does seem to line up with the better truth indicated that a meltdown will happen. From the videos I have seen it seems like the officials and sources from japan are trying to down play the severity and I think CNN knows it.

EDIT: Now Japanese officials are assuming that it is taking place.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Japanese officials have been giving conflicting stories however what information does seem to line up with the better truth indicated that a meltdown will happen. From the videos I have seen it seems like the officials and sources from japan are trying to down play the severity and I think CNN knows it.

EDIT: Now Japanese officials are assuming that it is taking place.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

I just dont get how they "assume", I mean there are tools that measure this kind of thing, and I hope there are people in these control rooms that would say if it was

Yeah no shit, if you are going to say anything was payback for Pearl Harbour isn't a fucking NUCLEAR BOMB enough?

Fucking redneck pieces of shit.

C'mon Adam, I agree whole heartedly. The comments are ridiculous and stupid, but you are far more educated and smart than to go to saying such things as "redneck pieces of shit".

Seriously people, we get it people suck in our country. PEOPLE SUCK IN ALL COUNTRIES.

This is a hard time for Japan and they need support thats about all that needs to be acknowledged here. People making stupid ignorant remarks like, "like thats what you get for Pearl Harbor", should be ignored. Acknowledging those kinds of statements just brings out even more crazies. Fuck it, ignore it. What we need most in times like this is positivity.

btw this is coming from a "right-winged crazy" I guess?

I just dont get how they "assume", I mean there are tools that measure this kind of thing, and I hope there are people in these control rooms that would say if it was

they are saying that they believe it is happening, because of the effects outside, however since they cannot see inside the reactor they are just going by what they can see and from what I am getting, the heat buildup is currently beginning to go through thermal runaway which is a sign the meltdown is beginning.

Hey guys,

I'm in Shanghai atm, usually a cool place to be, but I'm rather thinking about getting home asap. Friend of mine was in Tokyo, he's on the run now and maybe takes the next plane to Germany as well.

An expert on CNN recently said, that he is 100% sure, that there is no problem with radiation, so I better hope he's right

Hey guys,

I'm in Shanghai atm, usually a cool place to be, but I'm rather thinking about getting home asap. Friend of mine was in Tokyo, he's on the run now and maybe takes the next plane to Germany as well.

An expert on CNN recently said, that he is 100% sure, that there is no problem with radiation, so I better hope he's right

After falling into the trap of the internet, I'm worried that information is being withheld to stop global panic. Shit, I'm so worried I even started thinking the whole Charlie Sheen situation has been set up to focus our attention somewhere else... plan better.