Jazz

Masahiko Satoh & Sound Breakers - Amalgamation (1971) picked this one up really cheap some time ago and only now listened to it. This stuff is insane. Avant-Garde Free Jazz with some really noisy and strange moments.

Last edited:
Masahiko Satoh & Sound Breakers - Amalgamation (1971) picked this one up really cheap the some time ago and only now listened to it. This stuff is insane. Avant-Garde Free Jazz with some really noisy and strange moments.
Its pretty out there. Vinyl is rare. CD is good enough for me on this one.

Reactions: Faust3D
Monika Roscher Bigband - Failure in Wonderland (2012)

This is a great record from the start to the end. Big band jazz meets experimental rock. I am a sucker for this type of music.

Reminds me of British and German big band jazz rock experiments of the 70's. Think flavors of Mike Westbrook, Bob Downes, Karl Berger maybe even Julie Driscoll and Nucleus, but Monika's singing, guitar playing and use electronics give this album a very distinct character. Explosive moments on some songs strongly recall Willem Breuker Kollektief as well.

Ha! It's not for the weak, that's for sure. I like it, sounds interesting plus got to give my speakers a workout.

Up next:

Markus Stauss - Neolithicum (2004) Solo bass saxophone and various effects.

Medeski, Martin & Wood - Radiolarians I (2008) and after that one I will play Radiolarians II and Radiolarians III.

Reactions: lasercd
Karl Berger Orchestra ‎ - No Man Is An Island (1997) - is this jazz or modern classical? I don't know probably both. All I know that this is a killer album.

R-10201484-1493310001-6764.jpg

Mordy Ferber - All the Way to Sendai (1990) - Mordy is a very talented Israeli jazz guitarist. This is an excellent album somewhat reminiscent of some ECM stuff, but more jazz rocky and energetic.

R-6923344-1495661529-7460.jpg