JE-1000s for sale

MMV

Mar 29, 2007
I can sell 100% JE-1000 clones to everyone who are interested.

Order time will be ~2-3 weeks.

Price is for now 40e + postage. I live in Finland, but the shipping costs to US are pretty small, it fit to normal envelope.

I can make instructions and help closely how the booster should be connect to your guitar.

You can customize anything you want:

-you can use only your guitar volume pot to control everything if you want (from booster comes one wire to your volume pot, and JE-1000 doesn´t include pot by itself OR

-push/pull pot which is on/off and control boost volume by turning it.

Ofcourse this include gain amount trimmer and 3-band dip switch for EQ control.

And no, this is not MM-04, it is EXACT copy from JE-1000.

I can record some stuff through KORG PX-4D later, and take some pictures.

But for now I just wanna know many people will buy one, so I can prepare :)

Can you convert that price to US dollars for me?

You can count me in for at leat 1.....maybe even 2.

I will make and send them at next week. Please send email to pfe90@hotmail.com and we make a deal.

Price is 50 dollars + postage but I don´t have pots whit switch now so it will quick the building if you feel that unnecessary.

Same deal here, but leave me a PM and we will talk about it. I can make em within two or three days, then ship em.

Have either of you built them before?

So basically what you are making is the board with the gain booster, and the little switches, and that just gets wired up to a standard or push pull pot?

Just trying to figure out how I would install this thing.

Well basically - it's the board with the elements, the volume knob (or however its called on English) can be with wires or on the board (that depends on how the customer wants it). And yeah there are wires that go to the pickups and there are switches on the board. Also a 9v battery and gain trim pot. I'm not really good at explaining, specially when it has to be in English :loco:

Edit: And don't worry, if he or I sell it, there will be instruction manual inside that can tell you which wire goes exactly where and what you gotta do so it's not like "here you go, try to figure out how to do the rest by yourself" :lol:

Well I have made couple already to me and some other people in Finland. Like you know, JE-1000 looks same as MM-04, only capacitors looks different. So my copies looks will look pretty much same as MM-04, but it doesn´t matter how they look :)

I keep the boost control pot (big one in the circuit) http://jacksonguitar.ru/jackson/electronics/pg12&13.jpg

always full, because it sounds definetly best so. And thats why I let hole pot out from the circuit and use only volume pot like "normally" (output to pot, and to jack from there).

I did use MM-04 on my Alexi-600 that way. Just throw it inside the guitar (gain and boost full) and you don´t have to change nice pots away or drill any new holes.

Btw, that additional gain boost switch is useless, because it won´t turn the circuit off!

Even if I get a boost now I won't be able to install it... The music store I usually go to burned down :( need to find another tech guy for this

I bet you could do it yourself.

It really doesn't seem that hard, especially with only 1 PU & volume pot to really worry about.

MMV - do you know how much gain can actually be added with this unit? I have the EMG ABQ which is pretty much a copy of the JE, just smaller, but I keep the boost all the way down as all the way up is just way too much gain boost.

I think arcane posted this before, it's the MM-04, but it's the same shit:
mm04settings.png

And yeah, you can pretty much remove the switch for the gain booster if you don't wanna drill a hole in your guitar :lol:

Cool.

Thanks for that.

So you can wire it up without the switch. Great. Didn't want to drill into my baby.

So without the switch you just won't be able to turn it off? Am I understanding that correctly?

Arcane talked about a little "wha" sound coming from the JE-1000. Will your copy have that specific sound that the MM-O4 doesn't have ?

Yes. Like he sayed, MM-04 boost gain as much, but don´t affect the sound. It's just minor component different there, but it makes different.

Please notice that most of JE-1000s have 3-band EQ and MM-04 have 4-band.

And everybody can install the circuit with good instructions, you can send pictures and I can help then.

Atleast installation to guitars like Alexis customs is easy, 'cause they have only one pickup.