Crazy JE-1000 idea question...

Sicocis13

New Metal Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Ok, I want to ask you guys on this forum before I go somewhere else since there are a ton of awesome JE-1000 Clone builders here familiar with the circuit.

Would it be possible to run the JE-1000 in a Les Paul styled configuration? I want to be able to install a JE-1000 in a guitar that has two separate volumes, two separate tones, a 3-way toggle, a J-50-BC, and a J-50-N. Since the JE-1000 basically replaces your exsisting volume pot, would it even be possible to have individual volume controls for each pickup?

...or would I have to do something completely insane like installing a separate JE-1000 for each pickup? Haha

Thank you guys for your time.

Also looking for a GP-1000 if anyone is getting rid of one...:)

Yeah I'd go to someone to do it as it does seem possible but complicated especially when you get tone knobs involved & I personally don't know how you could do separate volume controls but it seems possible. I've installed one to my guitar fairly easily that had only one pickup but had 2 go to someone to get another guitar done that had 3 pickups (one being a single coil) as it gets messy (there's gonna be a lot of wires if separate volume & tone controls are there and volume issues can occur when switching pickups). Don't think you'd need to install 2 JE-1000s though (I doubt 2 would fit in the electronics cavity). You could always not connect the tone knobs to the circuit board to make things cleaner as the main point of having a JE with passive pickups is the attack, power & liveliness it gives than most active pickups that sound a bit sterile- so attaching tone controls seems kind of pointless and you'd lose a tiny bit of attack to the sound attaching them. Just a thought

Last edited: