EMG ABQ / Jackson JE-1000

Cool! Yeah, I have the 4500. Not sure if that makes any difference. I think I read somewhere here that they used a JCM 900 as backup. I think I might have seen a show on YouTube where he had what looked like one on and behind him. Don't recal which show though. Maybe Toronto or something...

You should be pretty set with that amp. I’m quite positive you can nail the sound.

Sick concert, man. Never seen it before, so thanks a lot :tickled:

Toy around with the presence around 1-3, and try and keep the mids at 6 or above. And go with treble between 4-6. Bass can be anything from 4–9 depending on era and speaker cab. Really everything can be anywhere, as long as you gel with the tone you’re getting.

Bumping an old-ish thread as I have more info on the matter.

You can buy the ABQ direct from EMG now. $89.00, you're better off buying the whole set since the ABQ is that much. Also, EMG has a reverb store that sells open box items. You can get the whole EMG P/U with ABQ and all wires for $105.00.

Yesterday I received a JE-1000 clone from a guy on e-bay for $45.00. Installed it last night with my Alexi EMG pickup. This thing is awesome! Probably about the same amount of boost from both, but the Jackson JE-1000 clone has a much more pronounced wah sound to it. Much better JE-1000 clone than the one I bought many years ago from someone else. This one is dead silent...unless you have the boost pretty high, then you will hear some noise.

Wanted to share this info as I have now tried the ABQ and JE-1000 with my EMG ALX pickup. They both sound great, but for $45.00 the JE-1000 clone is a much better option. Probably going to order a 2nd one just to have as a spare or to put into another guitar one day....got a Jackson Brandon Ellis Signature Kelly on order....so it might get a pickup change and JE-1000 added to it too.

Sill on the hunt for a J-50BC, so if anyone has a lead on one or has one they want to sell, just let me know.

Hi srob7001! So I just also ordered a $45 JE-1000 clone off Ebay. Is this the same one you got that you're happy with? From fixit-ez. Also, would I need to drill any holes in the guitar or is it just a push/pull like thr ABQ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210-084651_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-084651_eBay.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi srob7001! So I just also ordered a $45 JE-1000 clone off Ebay. Is this the same one you got that you're happy with? From fixit-ez. Also, would I need to drill any holes in the guitar or is it just a push/pull like thr ABQ?

If you don’t need the switch or want to sacrifice another control hole and/or want to drill, you can just twist together and solder the two wires that go to the switch.

Bumping an old-ish thread as I have more info on the matter.

You can buy the ABQ direct from EMG now. $89.00, you're better off buying the whole set since the ABQ is that much. Also, EMG has a reverb store that sells open box items. You can get the whole EMG P/U with ABQ and all wires for $105.00.

Yesterday I received a JE-1000 clone from a guy on e-bay for $45.00. Installed it last night with my Alexi EMG pickup. This thing is awesome! Probably about the same amount of boost from both, but the Jackson JE-1000 clone has a much more pronounced wah sound to it. Much better JE-1000 clone than the one I bought many years ago from someone else. This one is dead silent...unless you have the boost pretty high, then you will hear some noise.

Wanted to share this info as I have now tried the ABQ and JE-1000 with my EMG ALX pickup. They both sound great, but for $45.00 the JE-1000 clone is a much better option. Probably going to order a 2nd one just to have as a spare or to put into another guitar one day....got a Jackson Brandon Ellis Signature Kelly on order....so it might get a pickup change and JE-1000 added to it too.

Sill on the hunt for a J-50BC, so if anyone has a lead on one or has one they want to sell, just let me know.

So I tried these on my RR24 LTD and it helped! Thank you!! The fat Floyd block added sustain (that was very needed) and let's the guitar "sing" a bit more, and the $45 JE-1000 clone from Ebay with the ALX sounds awesome too. Took out the harsh high-end excess dirt I couldn't seem to get rid of with the ABQ. And it sounds a bit more natural too. Much better for my needs. The ABQ might suit AYDY era or more new school lower tuned stuff better though, not sure.

So I tried these on my RR24 LTD and it helped! Thank you!! The fat Floyd block added sustain (that was very needed) and let's the guitar "sing" a bit more, and the $45 JE-1000 clone from Ebay with the ALX sounds awesome too. Took out the harsh high-end excess dirt I couldn't seem to get rid of with the ABQ. And it sounds a bit more natural too. Much better for my needs. The ABQ might suit AYDY era or more new school lower tuned stuff better though, not sure.
Your recommendation here, will probably make me want to try one in one of my guitars :)