je-1000 pics and tips?

akamouzis

Nov 17, 2005
Hey all, i got a jackson j2sp and it has the built in gain boost which i believe is the je-1000. however, i have heard the je-1000 has the gain/volume pot as well as 3 selector switches for low/mid/highs which mine does not appear to have.
anybody have any insight on this?

you dont have an JE-1000 ;) the J2SP originally came with an EMG 81 and an EMG PA-2 afterburner,

No it came with a EMG HZ H3 and a EMG PA-2 with mini-switch. The PA-2 is just a 20db gainboost and nothing more.
This is no where near the sound of either a JE-1000 or an MM-04 nor the Alexi signature package that even Alexi isn't using. (except from the pickup which is the same as a HZ H2)

i think your right, its just a pa-2. because the only thing it has is a little variable volume pot. although i dont have emg's in it, just a seymore duncan passive.

Some stars models were optional with SD SH4?, but didn't know that the special models had that kind of choice?

dumb question but how do i post a pic?

Use the "insert image option" (little icon, two mountains and a sun) or link it,

in any case, you need to upload them to a site (imageschack for example) as far as I understand

ps: pls figure this out, because I think we all would really like to see the guitar since they're so rare. :D

the guitar is pretty mint. yes the string just broke, and no that is NOT a chip in the paint on the top edge of the body just a light reflection. over all its pretty awesome although if i ever get repainted im putting some colored bevels because it looks a bit plain to my eyes as it is right now.
below is a pic of the gain boost unit, funny enough the sticker says JE on it.

IMG_0720_zpsb9c58cb3.jpg

IMG_0685_zps2ff318ae.jpg

and i know this is not a covers thread but in case you wanna see the guitar in action here is a cover i did

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked this up for i believe $1200 last year. do they still make these? whats are the differences between mine and your mitch, yours is the U.S. made right?

None of them are US made. No they are not in production any more, equal Jacksons from the same factory is the Jackson Elite series. The Stars are all Japan, and they got good build quality. Only exceptions from the original Bodom/stone custom Jacksons are pickups/booster, tilted neck, for the most part shaved neck painting and for the most part non-recessed floyd rose.

They discontinued them around 2 months after I bought mine I believe so I got real lucky as I was going to go for a RR24. I've sanded the back of the neck down, it's so much easier to play and feels great.

They discontinued them around 2 months after I bought mine I believe so I got real lucky as I was going to go for a RR24. I've sanded the back of the neck down, it's so much easier to play and feels great.

Ive seen this necksanding term alot onhere. but ive got a RR24 and i think its already smooth, i mean why do you sand it? does your hand "stick" on the neck or how and what?

Ive seen this necksanding term alot onhere. but ive got a RR24 and i think its already smooth, i mean why do you sand it? does your hand "stick" on the neck or how and what?

Yes exactly that, especially when it's a bit dirty or your hands get sweaty they do stick when trying to slide. It's not really noticable at first but when you smooth it you can feel a massive difference because it becomes dry.