jeff loomis on the g3 tour

I'd have to disagree with this... all three have too much of different styles to compare. Satch is very technical, and in my opinion the best of the 3, however Vai is a showman, and learnt all from Satch in the first place... Jeff is... well, he's Jeff Loomis. PH33R!

Ok .. dont get me wrong im a HUGE loomis / nevermore fan.

But outplaying Vai... Your just a fuckin idiot if you think that.

Vai IS the worlds greatest guitar player. He can play anything cleaner better faster more melodic and more out there than anyone.

So do me a favor....

Go to the bathroom before you open your mouth, cause im not cleaning the shit that comes out of it off the floor.

Da Fukn Guru

i think vai and satch got loomis beat expirence-wise. his chops might be better but not his song writing skills...at least in nothing i heard.....but i read an interview with him and he said that he might be comin out with a solo album this year.

I've seen many a G3 show with Johnson ,Yngwie and a few with Petrucci(my favorite player).

I'd like to see loomis on a G3 but he has a lot to show before that will happen and as far as comparing him to any of those players you can't he just doesnt have enough material .

Vai shows up with guys that will blow away most musicians and they are backing him up .
Tony Macalpine plays guitar and keyboards as good as anyone
Billy Sheehan is one of the best bass players and showmanship guys out there .
his drummers always kick ass and has a rythym guitar besides macalpine that follows him note for note on some solo's .

Don't get me wrong Loomis is my favorite up and coming player but he can't hang with guys like Satch ,Vai and Petrucci in particular :headbang:

One of my wet dreams is Nevermore opening for my favorite band Dream Theater:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

If MacAlpine hasn't been on G3 they need to get him on there. Maximum Security is a monster of an album, the guitars are jaw dropping.

And I think a lot of people seem to be just blowing Satch off. I find his guitar playing to be better than Vai, at least in terms of focusing that into strong songs.

Tri-6 said:
If MacAlpine hasn't been on G3 they need to get him on there. Maximum Security is a monster of an album, the guitars are jaw dropping.

He's always there but he plays keys and guitar for Vai .he does some shredding on both instruments but I always wondered why they dont let him have his own set :err:

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
mh...i think jeff wouldnt be very good on G3...he is definitely not the entertainer kind of person you need to be when playing 'solo'...

Agreed.

Vai is one of the only truly original players out there. He is by no means a clone of anyone. He's more than a guitarist, he's an actual musician and composer. This guy is one of a kind.

I don't really find Loomis that musical, actually. I haven't heard the new album, so I'll reserve judgement until I do. However, my initial reaction is that he's more of a "band" guitarist and not an entity by himself. The sum of the parts of the band is greater than each individual.