JMP-1 vs. e530

The JMP-1 is a cool sounding preamp but for metal the ENGL is better. No comparison. Much tighter, more aggressive, and gainier. I also prefer the clean/low/mid gain sounds on the ENGL to the Marshall.

shut the fuck up

In all seriousness, I think behemoth's overall production is great, super clean and powerfull, but I'm not really a fan of their guitar sound individually. but that could be for another thread,

I always prefering Wieslawski bro production (Vader,Decapitated, Lost Soul, Trauma...)than Behemoth prod. Drum always kickass and guitars really shine.

Sorry to hijack this thread into a Polish production thread:lol:

The JMP-1 is a cool sounding preamp but for metal the ENGL is better. No comparison. Much tighter, more aggressive, and gainier. I also prefer the clean/low/mid gain sounds on the ENGL to the Marshall.

And you owned both simultaneously, right? I'd say that's about the best way to compare! :lol:

Where did you guys read that Nile uses JMPs? I saw them live using a JCM, and I also read that they use JCM's for AotW also.

And you owned both simultaneously, right? I'd say that's about the best way to compare! :lol:

Yeah, owned both, used them both to record, both impulses and mics, played with both of them at gig/practice volumes... I think I know these pres :D

Really, they are both excellent sounding and if you want the MIDI versatility, the JMP-1 is a great choice, but if you want your 4 basic sounds, the ENGL is pretty much unbeatable for the super tight, super aggressive metal sound.

Sorry I can't remember where I see this.... It's a metal site with lot of video reviews (Karl explained his technics...etc)...:cry:

i'd say jmp1....i used one together with a marshall poweramp (forgot which model) for rehearsals with my old band, and it kicked ass.
plus, someone already mentioned hatesphere....sure, those guys are killer players, but they always sound great live nevertheless ^^

as for the e530, iirc primal fear are using these pretty heavily....other than that, i'm not a big fan....sorta thin imho. but then again, i'm not a big engl fan in general, so take this with a grain of salt.