Job for a Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of you haven't actually heard Genesis. Some of you have, and try to make yourselves hate it. Very few of you actually dislike it.

Fuck you.

these guys are fucking everywhere right now and it is really annoying. the songs I have heard off of Genesis are extremely generic and shit.

Seriously, who the fuck cares about any of these bands if they've already heard the bulk of Relapse's early 90's catalogue?

Job For a Cowboy? Listen to this:

CDVILEF165__Abscess__Horrorhammer260.jpg

Anyway, I wouldn't exactly call JFAC completely unlistenable. Nevermind that they might have once been complete fashion-core fags, or that they were probably signed to Metal Blade based on their ability to pull in that crowd (like several other of the label's recent signings). From the songs I've heard, if for whatever reason Genesis can't be considered straight death metal, then it's still pretty damn close. I love brutal death metal, and I don't exactly have a reason to hate this. It's just fairly bland. Doesn't have enough punch to it. If these guys had never been so strongly affiliated with a trendy metalcore scene and lacked the support of a strong following and a big label, this would just be another middle-of-the-road, vanilla death metal record by a faceless band.

Also, their name is retarded.

Anyway, I wouldn't exactly call JFAC completely unlistenable. Nevermind that they might have once been complete fashion-core fags, or that they were probably signed to Metal Blade based on their ability to pull in that crowd (like several other of the label's recent signings). From the songs I've heard, if for whatever reason Genesis can't be considered straight death metal, then it's still pretty damn close. I love brutal death metal, and I don't exactly have a reason to hate this. It's just fairly bland. Doesn't have enough punch to it. If these guys had never been so strongly affiliated with a trendy metalcore scene and lacked the support of a strong following and a big label, this would just be another middle-of-the-road, vanilla death metal record by a faceless band.

Also, their name is retarded.

pretty much a perfect explanation... kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.