Joey Sturgis Isn't doing the new BOO album?!

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
I've recently heard from Casey Sabol that he and Bulb are producing the new Born of Osiris album, not Joey Sturgis. I'm confused, because Joey just recently said he's doing it. Anybody else hear something like this?

im pretty sure he never said it was definite. Here is a snippet from his interview on audiogeekzone

"What’s next for Joey Sturgis? A day off perhaps?

Actually you are exactly right. A month off actually, for the first time in three years. After that I finish off with Asking Alexandria and then another Sumerian project to be determined (most likely Born Of Osiris). Then hopefully a studio remodel."

Where did you here that bulb was doing it?

im pretty sure he never said it was definite. Here is a snippet from his interview on audiogeekzone

"What’s next for Joey Sturgis? A day off perhaps?

Actually you are exactly right. A month off actually, for the first time in three years. After that I finish off with Asking Alexandria and then another Sumerian project to be determined (most likely Born Of Osiris). Then hopefully a studio remodel."

Where did you here that bulb was doing it?

I was just talking to Casey Sabol, and he told me that him and Bulb were working on it.

I've recently heard from Casey Sabol that he and Bulb are producing the new Born of Osiris album, not Joey Sturgis. I'm confused, because Joey just recently said he's doing it. Anybody else hear something like this?

Seriously? Fuck that - I don't want to hear a retarded AxeFX/Superior 2.0 Misha-preset version of BoO. I think Bulb's production works his stuff, but let's be honest... his productions of other bands sound more similar than Joey's.

Seriously? Fuck that - I don't want to hear a retarded AxeFX/Superior 2.0 Misha-preset version of BoO. I think Bulb's production works his stuff, but let's be honest... his productions of other bands sound more similar than Joey's.

I'm pretty sure Bulb just finished doing it, I saw a update on his facebook page that said he had i think...

so i check some things out while waiting for a response from the label

casey sabol has a facebook, and sent me a message saying "i love your stuff! singing sounds excellent!"

he also posted an update that says "Born of Osiris tracks finished, time to rage!"

i checked out bulb's myspace, and face book. the myspace mentions nothing, and the facebook is friends only updates

about 1 month ago, Lee from BOO had about 4 songs to show me. Then an update came from the label saying BOO wasn't ready to enter the studio. So Asking Alexandria got swapped into their spot. The label and I then decided that BOO would begin when Asking Alexandria was finished.

A few weeks later, the label updated me by asking if I would record Emmure in boo's place. I responded with no.

This is where we are at...

Keep in mind that they could have went somewhere to record a new song to release before thrash and burn for promotion of new material / tour / next album.

This is what Bulb posted on facebook -

Misha Mansoor - Just finished the final mixes on the Born Of Osiris tracks, these songs came out amazing! You guys are in for a treat!!

A few weeks ago on sevenstring.org Lee said that Misha was recording a few (3, I think) songs for them, and that they were later going to record the new album with Joey. I think those are the songs he was talking about on Facebook.

Maybe, they just decided to do the whole thing with Misha though... don't know...

To be honest, I would definitely rather hear what Joey could do with them.

This was a comment he posted in the thread on facebook about the new BOO songs

Misha Mansoor "They are doing their album after the tour. I might be doing it, im not entirely sure just yet though. But that will have the hard copy versions of these songs and a bunch of other ones too!"
Thursday at 4:49pm

if this is true, i might have to back out as i dont want to work on a project where i have to compete

everything i work on is because the band and the management and the label all see me as the only person to do that specific record
if they don't view me in that way, i dont want to be working on it. it has to be right.

i dont want to quit the project, but i also dont want to record a buntch of guys who don't even know if im the person they want to work with