Joey Sturgis Isn't doing the new BOO album?!

Joey, quick question. Kind of off-topic, but since you mentioned melodic bands.

Would you consider FTFD melodic? Or just another generic breakdown band?

Just curious.

Kind of Off-topic, but am I the only one who finds it annoying when people here use sooo many acronyms for bands? I only recenlt found out what BTBAM means and that it´s not the black dahlia murder, and couldn´t get of my lazy ass to research what FTFD and millions of other daily used acronyms mean. Maybe I´m just stupid

Kind of Off-topic, but am I the only one who finds it annoying when people here use sooo many acronyms for bands? I only recenlt found out what BTBAM means and that it´s not the black dahlia murder, and couldn´t get of my lazy ass to research what FTFD and millions of other daily used acronyms mean. Maybe I´m just stupid

How could you confuse BTBAM with The Black Dahlia Murder? The letters don't even correspond. :p

As far as FTFD, it means For The Fallen Dreams.

i don't consider ftfd to be melodic metal because, there's nothing metal about it

metal is about riffs, and shred, some speed, and to me it must have more to the vocals than screaming (it should be very expressive if there's no singing)

perfect examples of this are like children of bodom or in flames

then you have spin offs like power melodic metal, dragon force
or progressive melodic metal, soilwork / kamelot (two completely different flavors of progressive melodic metal)

there are some bands i make an exception for, like arch enemy. they are pretty melodic metal but have no singing. maybe you could call this heavy melodic metal.

bands who play chug breakdowns aren't metal. plain and simple. breakdowns came from hardcore in my opinion. so if you play them, then hardcore goes in your description somewhere.

and let me just say this loud and clear, it really fucking bothers me that the definition of metal has been lost with younger generations. people calling suicide silence metal just pisses me off.

and if you're curious who won the demo submissions, it was the band named "Vanisher". guitar player kyle odell although i hate their song the architect because its way too chuggy for melodic metal

How could you confuse BTBAM with The Black Dahlia Murder? The letters don't even correspond. :p

As far as FTFD, it means For The Fallen Dreams.

Yeah I know about BTBAM, it was more kind of a joke even though at first glance I thought it meant that. And thanks for clarifying that band, my post was not directly towards you, I was feeling it for a long time now and decided to let it out when I saw your post.

i don't consider ftfd to be melodic metal because, there's nothing metal about it

metal is about riffs, and shred, some speed, and to me it must have more to the vocals than screaming (it should be very expressive if there's no singing)

or progressive melodic metal, soilwork / kamelot (two completely different flavors of progressive melodic metal)

there are some bands i make an exception for, like arch enemy. they are pretty melodic metal but have no singing. maybe you could call this heavy melodic metal.

bands who play chug breakdowns aren't metal. plain and simple. breakdowns came from hardcore in my opinion. so if you play them, then hardcore goes in your description somewhere.

and let me just say this loud and clear, it really fucking bothers me that the definition of metal has been lost with younger generations. people calling suicide silence metal just pisses me off.

and if you're curious who won the demo submissions, it was the band named "Vanisher". guitar player kyle odell

Kyle´s from here I think, I know I have him on facebook/twitter or something.

I´m not gonna get too picky on genre stuff cause many times it gets subjective and annoying, but you´re kinda missing that Arch Enemy and has a very generally accepted tag that is "Melodic Death Metal", it is melodic and there´s no singing, so that´s why it´s Death metal. Yeah it´s melodic metal, but there´s still plenty of death metal in that.

and if you're curious who won the demo submissions, it was the band named "Vanisher". guitar player kyle odell although i hate their song the architect because its way too chuggy for melodic metal

Yeah I agree that song is quite chuggy, but doesn't reflect where we are as a band generally. I just have a soft spot for the acacia strain in my heart haha, but yeah I totally agree. Oh well the new material of ours is more in my area which is bringing the thrash and the shred. We just had to make a transition bc I opted to change to Standard E tuning since I love it way more than B standard. Oh well either or I am stoked as feck hahaha.