Joey Sturgis

yeah he's pretty damn good, but if I were him, I would expand. Maybe record bands that are more serious? where they actually have better equipment, come better prepared.... Yeah, and then he could use REAL drums.

GearMan2point0 said:
yeah he's pretty damn good, but if I were him, I would expand. Maybe record bands that are more serious? where they actually have better equipment, come better prepared.... Yeah, and then he could use REAL drums.

He's been using real drums lately :p
I think he could work wonders in the world of Pop-punk ;)

examples of these bands? Because I'm pretty sure all the bands that goto Joey are required to bring pre pro of at least every song on the cd. How is that not being prepared?

4 out of 5 bands that go to him have endorsement deals, so they have top notch guitars, amps, drums and more. I really dont understand what the fuck your post is trying to say.

Seth Munson said:
examples of these bands? Because I'm pretty sure all the bands that goto Joey are required to bring pre pro of at least every song on the cd. How is that not being prepared?

4 out of 5 bands that go to him have endorsement deals, so they have top notch guitars, amps, drums and more. I really dont understand what the fuck your post is trying to say.

Yeah I was gonna bash him in a more immature manner but you totally got it :lol:

Once a guy was born, his name was Joey Sturgis. He played guitar, then drums, then guitar again. Then he fixed some computers.

Then he recorded a band. Now he's a professional bad-ass. The End.

I heard hes a member of "Weenie Hut Jr.'s". Just saying........oh and that he loves blasting country music.

Don't worry I love Reba too.

Joey said that most people come in with shitty equipment. Hm lets see....isn't that why he hasn't been selling Kick samples because of that problem. Oh and also he mentioned that he helps them write tons of their music. OHH and also he mentioned that a lot of people who came into the studio only had a few songs written. I am just giving what he typed on this forum.

Edit: He also claimed that he doesn't have endorsements but would like some Drum heads and strings etc.... which he claimed gives him headaches.

....what I was really trying to get at, is I wish he would do different genre's. I know and he knows he can do it, and I know he would be stoked, obviously something is stopping him. But still, I am a Sturgis fan and would like to hear him do some other genre's.

and Joey, you are good. But you were dedicated. You spent lots of time. A lot of people get really good with a lot of time. Some get lucky and become famous, some don't. You were lucky as you may have the backbone to pull it off. But I want to see you do more. Because you can, just freakin do it. Do more than just heavy stuff. If you can't, please explain why you can't. I would like to know.

Just because a kick or a snare doesnt sound like what Joey wants through mics doesnt make it bad kick/snare. Why do you think some studios have walls of snares? Because they have to test tons of different ones to fit the style of the song/album. Joey doesnt have the luxury, so if it doesn work, it doesnt work and thats that.

The only band that I remember him actually writing a lot of their music with them was Attack Attack's last album. I'm pretty sure he does the same amount of writing/producing any other producer does when it comes to melodies/harmonies, tempos, transitions ect ect.

Joey has done a bunch of stuff that isnt all heavy and different genre. You just need to know where to look.

I actually listened to some of the songs he did. The poppy pretty stuff. I know the bands choose him, but isn't there something he can do about it?

yeah, a band that is a different genre has to book, then i guess he chooses/craig at rise chooses.. (i have no idea)

maybe softer bands just dont want to go to joey haha

Once a guy was born, his name was Joey Sturgis. He played guitar, then drums, then guitar again. Then he fixed some computers.

Then he recorded a band. Now he's a professional bad-ass. The End.

Now that's something I'd like to make a siggie of (no not a cigarette)