Johan's Horn cup

CliffBurton

Nov 12, 2005
Ontario
DId a search found no results.

Me and a freinds saw Amon Amarht in North America with Bodom, and they were amazing. But my freind says Johan's cup thing was rubber and flopping around when he drank on stage. I say plastic and it was solid.

Anyone know what it really is? Or somewhere I can get one :)

CliffBurton said:
DId a search found no results.

Me and a freinds saw Amon Amarht in North America with Bodom, and they were amazing. But my freind says Johan's cup thing was rubber and flopping around when he drank on stage. I say plastic and it was solid.

Anyone know what it really is? Or somewhere I can get one :)

It's real. I was drinking with him after the NY show, do an online search for "drinking horns" and you can find them, here are some of mine.....

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=97309&highlight=drinking+horns

mine are in post# 7 & 8. All of them except the first two are made by fellow heathens from the community around here.

O_RLY__by_KatzMotel.jpg

Thought i was made of clay.

I'm planning on getting myself a real drinking horn when I can spare some money.

A real horn, that is. Authentic bullhorn or some other creature's horn, hollowed out.

Alternately one of the glass horns they have at The Jelling Dragon.

I got mine by mail from a guy named Steinarr the Crazy Viking in Minnesota, and it's damn beautiful, an authentic steer horn. He also runs a Viking inn. www.vikinginn.com

Yeah, I saw Johan with the drinking horn when I went to see Bodom. The crowd loved it, he would drink during the non-vocal parts of the song and everyone went nuts. I'm thinking of getting one soon, actually.

hey, what i can do to stop the beer bubbling like hell in my drinking horn?
apparently its not totally clean and this chemical reaction makes the beer bubble too much and its pretty annoying. how can i clean it?
someone told me something like putting Coca Cola in it for 24 hours... :p

Celtik Militia said:
hey, what i can do to stop the beer bubbling like hell in my drinking horn?
apparently its not totally clean and this chemical reaction makes the beer bubble too much and its pretty annoying. how can i clean it?
someone told me something like putting Coca Cola in it for 24 hours... :p

I just pour slowly, and tilt the horn so that the beer runs down the inside of the horn instead of falling a long way. If I'm careful, I can fit a whole pint with a nice head! Cheers!

:kickass:

I have a horn too. I'll post a link and possibly pictures when I'm less lazy. Not that anyone cares anyway.

VikingSF said:
I just pour slowly, and tilt the horn so that the beer runs down the inside of the horn instead of falling a long way. If I'm careful, I can fit a whole pint with a nice head! Cheers!

:kickass:

no, it doesnt work. i mean i try to pour it really carefully (i'm not that stupid! haha) and yet it bubbles.. but those are weird bubbles, not big ones like when you shake beer, they are tiny ones. and i know its not the way i pour the beer that makes those cause i've poured some beer in another horn (thats not mine) which was all nice and polished and it works.. and i met a guy who had the same problem as me and he cleaned his horn some way but i forgot how he cleaned it cause when he told me how to fix the problem i was drunk.
PS: and i dont want to polish my horn, it makes it vntrve. :p i just want to clean it.

I take it you don't remember what the inside finish is? A proper "old-style" horn is coated on the inside with beeswax. If you can't get whatever finish is in there now to stop annoying you, just do like the ON and coat the inside with wax. It's completely tasteless and will for sure not make your beer bubble! The drawback is that you can't drink hot drinks out of those horns, as the wax gets soft. Leaving Coke in the horn just might be worth a try, though. Coke eats away at most things, but it may stain whatever finish you have, too...
Technically speaking, you can still finish the outside of the horn with jewelers rouge, and it'd still be close enough to period. It's those high-gloss chemical finishes that are "not period", and some leave a foul taste, too (some don't)./T

L33ch said:
I'm planning on getting myself a real drinking horn when I can spare some money.

A real horn, that is. Authentic bullhorn or some other creature's horn, hollowed out.

Alternately one of the glass horns they have at The Jelling Dragon.

Fan boy in every bands forum isnt there...

The_Avenger said:
Fan boy in every bands forum isnt there...
Nah, it's not fanboyism. Johan's horn was just the first drinking horn I'd ever seen, and I thought it's pretty damn awesome, so I want one myself.

nothing to do with fanboyism.. it is just fuckin awesome to drink out a horn. If i see one for a good price, i will buy it and that has nothing to do with the fact johan has also one..