Jon Oliva's Pain THANKS YOU ALL!

Kong

Jan 23, 2004
What a night....ProgPower USA 2014 is now complete.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We never take any opportunity for granted and recognize that it could all come to an end at any time. We spent 4 solid months preparing to perform for just a single show. But performing the Savatage classic album "Streets" in it's entirety deserved every ounce of our respect and dedication.

Jon tripped and fell Thursday just before our journey began to GA...and over the next 48 hours we realized he had injured his ribs and was having significant trouble breathing and singing comfortably. But in true MT King fashion "he rose above it all". With a controlled regiment of ibuprofen (all over the counter stuff) and a few
libations just before the show, he powered through and gave the PP fans the show they deserved. Some shows have more comedy and playing with the audience than others...but as anyone knows, JO cares about the fans as if they were his own family. It will always be that way...we will leave it all on the table when the show is done no matter what.

While we had a day full of our own problems/issues, the festival did as well (out of no fault of their own). Our late start to close the festival was clearly the result of "others" and we are grateful that the venue remained full for our entire show well into 2 am! Glenn and Jennifer Harveston are the best promoters we have ever worked with, and we are more than proud to call them our family...we love you both! You had your level of anxieties and situations to deal with but in true PP form you delivered another over-the-top festival. Please come to Florida and let us grill you the best steak dinner you have ever had!

It was indeed an honor to close out such an amazing weekend.

The PP fan support and comments warms our hearts and fuels the JOP fire to continue on with great enthusiasm.

So from all of us to all of you....THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

See you soon....Cheers!

JOP...:worship:

Thanks to the band, and especially to Jon for gutting it out to deliver the PPUSA fans one hell of a show, and certainly one of the most memorable performances in my 25+ years of concert-going.

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Doing anything with a broken rib is very challenging. Singing, dancing, and generally being Jon Oliva with a broken rib is fucking herculean. The guy's a beast, and the show was a total blast. The ba-dum-tss's were also perfect, Kinder.

I have 0 things to complain about from that set.

Our late start to close the festival was clearly the result of "others" and we are grateful that the venue remained full for our entire show well into 2 am!

You say that as if leaving early would have been an option. :lol: Would NOT have missed this set for all the world.

I've had some *amazing* experiences in my 9 years of attending PPUSA, but Saturday's JOP set is at the top of the list!!

Huge thanks to everyone in the band - and sending best wishes to The Mountain King for a full recovery.

What an amazing weekend and another fanta-STING PPUSA! I cried during "When the crowds are gone", rocked with you all, me too with an injured rib and through the pain, joy, laughter and sheer :worship: to JO and the guys WHAT A ONCE IN A LIFETIME SET!!!!THANK YOU JOP!! I was truly honored to be there! Thanks Glenn and Jen!:worship:

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the set....Jon is one of the best entertainers EVER!!!!!!!! From the first time I saw him when Savatage opened for DIO and Megadeth on the Hall of the Mountain King Album...Jon made me a FAN. While I usually don;t like it when bands are fucking around on stage talking... Jon is so hilarious, you just don't give a shit. Thank you Glenn for making this possible. You FOREVER have my gratitude and respect (like you didn't already LOL). Luv you Glenn and Jen!!!

Amen.. Jon and the rest of the band were just amazing. No other words come to mind.

Great seeing you guys again!

BEST SHOW EVER!!! When its time to really retire, please please please bring them back, maybe to play a JOP set and a Savatage set with maybe Dead Winter Dead as the main focus! After all, that is the one concept missing at PPUSA from the Savatage camp.

I am also glad I bought two tees from KONG, cause I can wear one proudly (When I see TSO in December for sure) and the other one keep it as a mint remembrance of the best set at PPUSA ever!!

maybe to play a JOP set and a Savatage set with maybe Dead Winter Dead as the main focus! After all, that is the one concept missing at PPUSA from the Savatage camp.

Aww dude! That would just be plain SICK!! Friggan love Dead Winter Dead and how awesome to have THAT played live. EDIT - going to have to dig out my copy and listen to it again as it has been awhile since I last spun it.

One thing that did stick in my mind after that JOP set was what if Chris Oliva was still alive today. What if some drunk bastard had not tragically taken him away from us? Would Savatage still exist as a band today? Would TSO even come in existence? Would it have been Savatage we'd seen as the headliner instead?

I still remember when JOP played at Jaxx/Empire a few years ago and when I told John how much I waited all these years to finally tell him how much Chris and he was still in my thoughts and prayers, he came right back and told me "You don't realize how much that really meant to me! Thank you so much" (don't remember the exact words) and gave me a big bear hug!

I will admit that I don't exactly worship the ground he walks on, but damn, there is no denying how awesome and talented he really is. Can only hope that he will continue to do so, but then again, he was yelling a few times "I love my fucking job!!".

I love and respect Savatage, but I'm not as big a Jon Oliva fan as everyone else seems to be. That changed Saturday night. Jon not only is an amazing singer and songwriter, but he is probably the greatest frontman I ever had the pleasure of seeing perform. He certainly won me over and I look forward to purchasing many more Savatage and Jon Oliva's Pain albums thanks to this. I don't think any other artist could pull off what Jon did Saturday. Even fewer I'd stay up until 2 for. Good thing I didn't have a date that night. I look forward to seeing Jon next he performs at PPUSA or on a general tour, but seeing as I live in louisiana, I may just have to wait for his next ProgPower.

Awesome show Chris! I hope that see you soon really does mean see you soon. I was disappointed you guys chose not to do a local show after initially announcing one. I mean I didn't expect you to do all of Streets of course. But now that PP is over maybe a local show later this year or early next year. Again I don't expect all of Streets again, that should remain for us who were at the fest. As a local I guess we can be spoiled with local shows, but so what!, right? Bourbon Street, Ybor, the State, I'll take anywhere. :D

Thanks to the band, and especially to Jon for gutting it out to deliver the PPUSA fans one hell of a show, and certainly one of the most memorable performances in my 25+ years of concert-going.

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Yeah - me too!!!! I have been going to live rock shows for 50 years and THAT performance takes the cake (move over Gunners in 1992!!)!!!! I have seen Jon in Savatage, JOP, Storytellers, etc., many, many times. I have NEVER seen Jon jacked for a show like that.

Thanks, Glenn and Jen, for making my dream of seeing STREETS live come true. It's been two days and that show is all I can think about.

Chris :headbang:

I honestly couldn't have been any more pleased with the sound quality of the band and how Jon sang live. He exceeded my expectations and being hurt on top of that! Streets sounded thicker live, which is a good thing.

~Brian~