Just for fun: TPAM - TPBM

TPAM: I sing, used to play the alto saxophone, play guitar an am teaching myself to play piano. The hardest song I can play on guitar, I am still learning: Fear of the Dark- Iron Maiden, but I'm sure many of you guys can do better...

TPBM: How much better can you be/do?

TPAM:
Serpents Kiss - Symphony X, Erotomania - Dream Theater, Before The Storm - Firewind. (All on Guitar) But I guess many here can even better:bah:

TPBM:
Same question as PAM

TPAM:

I mostly learn solos and riffs I really like when it comes to bands like Symphony X. But I recently worked on The Accolade, very fun to learn and even more to play. Not the hardest, but probably my favorite song ever in metal.

One of the best thing I can do has got to be that ridiculous solo in Scar Symmetry's Ghost Prototype I (over 1 minute of fast/very controlled lead playing)

TPBM:

If you had the right to listen to only 3 records until the rest of your life, what would they be?

TPAM:

Planet X - Moonbabies
Anglagard - Hybris
Cynic - Traced in Air

TPBM:

If you could only read 3 books for the rest of your life, what would they be?

TPAM: More than I can count, but I'll try...
Illinois (Where I live)
Iowa
Hawaii
Florida
Wisconsin
Michigan
Indiana
Ohio
West Virginia
Virginia
Tennessee
Kentucky
South Carolina
North Carolina
Washington
Washington D.C.
Maryland
Pennsylvania (I think)
New York (I think)

TPBM:
What were you doing right before you were on this thread?

TPAM:

Re-reading Pandora's Star.

TPBM:

Okay, this is a question inspired by the above book:

If we were ever faced with a scenario where an alien species actively tried to attack us, would you:

a) Choose to contain them? Meaning, they are all still alive, but not an immediate threat to anything around them.

or

b) Choose to commit total genocide against them?

TPAM - thanks to video games, my first thought would be choice (b) cos let's face it... that sounds pretty fun ... but! choice (a) would probably be the smarter move if you were actually capable of doing that with a small amount of casualties... since that would mean learning more about them in the long run and preventing another attack or preparing for one anyway... :D

TPBM - would you kill someone to save a person you love?

TPAM - Yes, I think most people would. With that said, I would also kill someone out whim for my balls having the indecency to itch. Every time my jewels tickle, someones in a pickle.

TPBM - Would you listen to this post prog supergroup known as
"Venereal Cereal": Steve Vai: Lead Guitar. Russel Allen: Vocals and sword chimes ( make of it what you will) Guthrie Govan: Rhythm Guitar. Neal Pert: Drums. Bio Engineered Mozart Zombie: Keyboards. Phil Lynott- Bass

TPAM: I don't see why not, but they better have a concept album!
TPBM: I forget if this has been asked before, but CD or MP3?

TPAM:
CD´s, Like the sound better, and love having the artwork.o_O

TPBM:
How many GB do you need on your Ipod/MP3/CellPhone to get space for you´r entire music library

TPAM:

27.2 gigabytes, which is crap loads smaller than I thought! I ripped all of my close to 400 CD's at a fairly high bitrate.

TPBM:

Math or physics?

TPAM:

Physics! I'm studying them (undergraduate). But good math is needed to fully understand them, so they're closely related.

TPBM:

How big is your CD collection?

TPAM: I've only been listening to music for about a year so I'm sure many of your's is bigger, but mine is abot 65-70 physical CDs and 100 on my iPod (Including the physical ones(I don't use torrents btw))

TPBM: Do you use torrents? If so how often/much?

TPAM:

When I lived in Pittsburgh, there was this pizza place called Gianni's at the top of the hill by my house. I would order an extra large cheese pizza every Friday after work and gorge myself until I was near puking. Fortunately, I was still able to keep up my girlish physique!

TPBM:

Do you prefer spontaneous, improvised music or highly structured songs with little improvisation?

TPAM: I like the middle ground. Like Liquid Tension Experiment,...it's improv with structure.

TPBM: What's the last link/site you saved to your 'Favorites' on your web browser?

TPAM: Yes and no, its funny. Alot of people go crazy over it! I think its a great social networking site. Especially to catch up with old buddies (even as long back as primary school whome I havent seen in like 10 years) But as far as all this farm ville, and mafia wars and all that shit... No
I'm addicted to uploading photos on facebook, and networking. Thats about it!

TPBM: What would be your Pro's and Con's of being stranded on an island all by your lonesome (This island can be depicted however you wish... I think of white beach palm trees kind of island. but you choose lol!)

Pros:
-The rum is NOT gone.
-There are no dickhead wall street people to fuck up my efforts.
-Surf is up, work = survival + exploration

Cons:
-If this is strictly a solo gig, then not having the wife around would suck.
-It'd get boring eventually and I would attempt escape (a possible 'pro') unless it's a really big Island.

TPBM:
Do you enjoy being caught in fierce storms?