Just got back from Opeth's last gig this year...

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
To any who were there I was the guy with my mates holding up the signs saying 'Camel Rules' and 'I Hate Hip-Hop' (which the band then graciously signed).

The gig was fucking amazing, aside from the fact that I predicted the whole setlist and shouted out the song names before Mikael did :).

Anyway in case the guys are reading this... it was real fun talkin to u guys after (I'll have the pics posted soon) and I hope you all have a really fun rest-of-the-year off.

Cheers -- from the 'I hate hip-hop guy' and Mr 'I love mendez'.

ohhhh serious, haha thanks for that man. my ribs are FUCKEDDDD so hard. how's your body holding up from all the punishment?

PS. how awesome was Lopez after the gig? we went round the back, and just found him sitting on the steps chatting to a guy, and we soon started a conversation with him. poor guy was tired as hell and really pissed off about all the cops here! :lol: Anyway great guy, very friendly.

yeah i was there with mr Madrigal here an another mate, im fairly tired and it doesnt help that i got a bad cold made it hurt to headbang with an already sore head hehe
haha and yeah we just went around back adn hes just sitting there, some guy gave him his glasses i think, and whys he annoyed about all the cops???

The guy that gave him the sunglasses is my mate Martin :) Crazy bastard. Haha Lopez commented how it would only make him look shiftier so the cops would pull him over more.

PS. The reason he was so annoyed is coz apparently they gave him shit about walking topless in the airport, amongst other things :lol:

PPS. I asked Mikael if he still came to the forums and he said 'All the time... it's like a drug :D' so that's reassuring, haha.

During Virgin black's set Lopez came out of the staff only door and went off somewhere past the bar and when he came back the guy at the door didnt believe him when he said he was a band member lol.

Yeh its just so cool being able to talk to the guys, they are all down to earth and arent up themselves like a typical rock star.

Man i wish i had long hair, looked so much better headbanging with long hair.

My ribs are fine lol, i was off to the right side of the stage, right at the front (actually leaning on the stage at the end) so it wasnt rough like it would have been in the middle.

well im the Mr 'I love mendez' guy hehe i thought peter was going to be taller but he still was tall to me anyways :D im around mendez on the bands scale of tallness for the record hehe :p oh yeh the gig FUCKING RULEDDD~!!!~~~!!!! mendez is so better then i thought he would be in skill, i imagined good but fuck hes a gun

Heh, yeah. I was there. My subdued (that is, non-moshing/headbanging) self in all its glory. Yeah, I know I suck. :p

Was the merch stand there before the show? I imagine it was, but stupid me didn't see it until I was on the way out, and I ended up with a darn Medium t-shirt (the Deliverance/"In The Year Of Our Lord" tour one) - so it's a bit "cozy", to say the least. What was with that "Damnation Tour 2004" shirt everyone had? I assume it sold out before I got there (after the gig), 'cause I didn't see it. Bleh, that shirt was better. :p

It sucks that they won't be back for ages, but i'm looking forward to the new album - whenever that's coming out.

- S

ahahah that's coz Mikael put his foot on Peter's monitor

could you guys hear all the shit me and nukem were screaming out? ahahaha, when Mikael said 'but Mendez is getting old' I screamed out 'BUT HE'S SEXY!!!!' and everyone found it amusing, especially Mendez himself haha. And because of nukem killing his vocal chords always screaming out his name, he ran down to our side after the gig and like frantically shook all our hands ahahah. Man, what an awesome gig... such band-interaction :lol:

*MaDRiGaL* said:
i got a medium opeth hoodie, its awesome, im gonna wear it all the time :D

how funny was it when peter kicked mikael in the arse

Not sure if I noticed that - was that when Mikael went and stood next to Peter? Heh, i'm so blind. No wonder I missed the merch stand. Oh, and as I failed to mention it before.. the gig was awesome. :)

I wasn't up the front though. For 80% of the gig I was standing at the back of the "standing" crowd. I was sitting down/standing up (around the back, near the bar/toilets) early in the gig, but I decided it was a pretty shitty spot. :p

- S

Sounds like you fucken lucky bastards had a great time... christ if I'd known it wasnt going to be a Damnation tour earlier I would've made an extra effort to make my way there.

wow, believe it or not, it sounds like the final gig may have been better than the first two! :eek: I guess they were a little more relaxed with younger crowd. I was actually quite interested to find out how it went. they said last night that this is there first underage gig, and they weren't sure how it was gonna turn out. worst thing is sounds like they spent quite alot more time hanging around after the gig than the last two nights. well, at least I caught them both nights. even anna said hi to me. :) got some stuff signed too. was thinking or rocking up after the gig this arvo as well to get a couple more sigs, was in town but at the last minute, couldn't be arsed. can anyone post the setlist?