Just got back from Opeth's last gig this year...

oh, and ermin, just so you know, they have ONE more gig this year in Solvesborg, Sweden (Annual metal fest), which I am considering going to... haven't decided yet though. And madrigal, from memory they actually changed the set list up quite a bit the first two nights..... so I can't tell which one set it was that you heard. but if you got april, it was prolly more like saturday nights set than fridays.

Master's Apprentices
The Moor
Windowpane
In My Time of Need
Face of Melinda
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall (encore)

Master's Apprentice
The Moor
To Rid The Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
To Bid You Farewell
DoTF

*Saturday may be wrong.... to drunk. :oops:

@jay: yeah. someone had to recommend a honeymoon venue now didn't they. ;) didn't talk to her much, cos she dissapeared on me after she introduced me to mike, but she's a really lovely young lady, mike is a lucky boy. ;)

*MaDRiGaL* said:
oh man u weren't one of those sitting people were u ? mikael wasnt happy with them lol

why was it so quiet in between songs lol, i was in awe most of the time.

Nah, I wasn't sitting over there, I was actually up the back. But the view really sucked arse, so I moved over to the big (standing) crowd a few songs in. He did complain that we weren't headbanging though, us meek ones up the back. :p

- S

Spike said:
oh, and ermin, just so you know, they have ONE more gig this year in Solvesborg, Sweden (Annual metal fest), which I am considering going to... haven't decided yet though. And madrigal, from memory they actually changed the set list up quite a bit the first two nights..... so I can't tell which one set it was that you heard. but if you got april, it was prolly more like saturday nights set than fridays.

Master's Apprentices
The Moor
Windowpane
In My Time of Need
Face of Melinda
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon of the Fall (encore)

Master's Apprentice
The Moor
To Rid The Disease
April Ethereal
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
To Bid You Farewell
DoTF

*Saturday may be wrong.... to drunk. :oops:

The Drapery Falls was after Master's Apprentices. Today, that is. But other than that, it seems to be about right. I think.

- S

ok, so what kinda stupid things where shouted out between songs!? :D like song requests? I shouted out "STEEL!" :yell: and got a little run down of the meaning of the lyrics behind "heavy metal machine" for my trouble, but the best one was when mike said they were gonna play TBYF and when it got quite some guy shouted out FUCK OFF, and JO (yes, our jo) shouted out FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!! :yell: at the guy..... everyone agreed with her. ;) I was this close to shouting out whitesnake as well for a few laughs, but I didn't want to get stoned for my troubles. :erk: anyway, this was on saturday.... how about sunday?

Spike said:
ok, so what kinda stupid things where shouted out between songs!? :D like song requests? I shouted out "STEEL!" :yell: and got a little run down of the meaning of the lyrics behind "heavy metal machine" for my trouble, but the best one was when mike said they were gonna play TBYF and when it got quite some guy shouted out FUCK OFF, and JO (yes, our jo) shouted out FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!! :yell: at the guy..... everyone agreed with her. ;) I was this close to shouting out whitesnake as well for a few laughs, but I didn't want to get stoned for my troubles. :erk: anyway, this was on saturday.... how about sunday?

There were a few amusing "shouts". There's that guy here who yelled out "I Love Mendez!" - but the funniest one would have to have been where someone asked for water, and Mike and co. ended up pouring water on some of the fans. He then threw a ($2, presumably) coin out and said "Who wants a coke?" - and then people started asking for his plectrum, and their guitars. :)

- S

Spoon has the setlist about right, except they etched April Ethereal instead of Face of Melinda.

Umm with shouting.. fuck where do I start. When the guys first came on me and nukem were shouting 'SYNTH KILLLAR!!!!' haha and Per seemed amused by that. We held up our 'Camel Rules' signs and Mikael goes 'well yeah, they rule.. but where are the Opeth signs?'. Then there was the 'I hate hiphop sign' to which Lopez really responded favourably.. he was like frantically saying 'YES!!!' whilst pointing his drumstick at it :lol:. Umm when Peter poured water on us I called him a 'fucking tall bastard' so he laughed and poured it all. Mikael asked us how we were doing and everyone responded favourably... then i asked him how they were doing and he gave us a little rundown.

As for song requests... well shit man it was REALLY quiet in between sets like dead-quiet, you wouldn't belive there was a few hundred people watching them in awe. Aside from that the only screams were for Demon at the end really... and the couple of yells I put in for 'In Mist She Was Standing' and 'The Apostle in triumph', to which someguy behind me responded to with 'YES!!!!'. Oh and I kept screaming out the songs before the band played them because I knew the setlist :lol:. Still figured it was customary to shout out a few song requests though.

Oh yeah Mikael said 'this will be our last song for tonight' and some guy calls out 'DONT BULLSHIT US' or something... and Mikael said 'how would you know?' and I screamed out 'COZ U ALWAYS PLAY DEMON!!!!'. 'Well, we only play demon for special occassions...'. Everyone together: 'WE'RE SPECIIALLL!!!!!'. And yeah, funtimes had by all.

Oh and my friend gave Lopez his sunnies afterwards at the back :lol:. Oh also that same guy screamed out 'HOW FAST CAN MENDEZ PLAY!!!???' and Mikael said 'he can play as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen... but he's getting old' and that's what prompted my 'BUT HE'S STILL SEXY!' thing.

Heh, yeah. I was there. My subdued (that is, non-moshing/headbanging) self in all its glory. Yeah, I know I suck. :p

Was the merch stand there before the show? I imagine it was, but stupid me didn't see it until I was on the way out, and I ended up with a darn Medium t-shirt (the Deliverance/"In The Year Of Our Lord" tour one) - so it's a bit "cozy", to say the least. What was with that "Damnation Tour 2004" shirt everyone had? I assume it sold out before I got there (after the gig), 'cause I didn't see it. Bleh, that shirt was better. :p

It sucks that they won't be back for ages, but i'm looking forward to the new album - whenever that's coming out.

- S

HAHAHA the deliverance t shirts were the real $40 ones in the corner hotel. The Damnation tour Shirts were $10 ones outside the Corner hotel being sold illegelly by some english dude.

He did well though, i saw a shit load of people with them on!!!

SP00N said:
There were a few amusing "shouts". There's that guy here who yelled out "I Love Mendez!" - but the funniest one would have to have been where someone asked for water, and Mike and co. ended up pouring water on some of the fans. He then threw a ($2, presumably) coin out and said "Who wants a coke?" - and then people started asking for his plectrum, and their guitars. :)

- S
hehe, it woulda been funny if he'd said "who wants a BEER?" :lol:

Moonlapse said:
haha! yes my friend commented on the $10 shirts. they weren't all that special though.

Yeah. They were nice, but i'd rather support the band than some illegal dude. The $40 one is ace - it just would have been better had I got one earlier, since an M is not exactly loose on me. :|

- S

Yeah I already owned an Opeth shirt but its too damned big even on me (6'2) so I decided against wearing it... it would've been good to get signed though. I found the band's tolerance for fans and signatures awesome... had a few good conversations with Lopez too... << that man is *thumbs up*, I still can't get over the awesome accent and when he was imitating the cops and said 'dey ask me, are you of arabic background??? and I say... cmon man Martin Lopez, yknow like J-lo, fuck' and everyone shit themselves laughing.

oh yeah, nearly forgot ermin.

www.ultimatemetal.com/~spike (look for the "Opeth GIGS 2004" folder) I've only put a couple of the better ones up now, cos I'm on a slow arse connection. I bet you don't notice the funny thing about me as opposed to everyone else in the pics.... ;)

Ah SHIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!! i missed meeting them after!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, i had to catch a plane back to Perth then ah poo, i was early there tooo!!!! Oh well, next opeth gig, it was truly fucking incredible, i loved it, btw i was in the middle one row of ppl back in front of mike. i was the ranga with the Still Life t-shirt if anyone is interested!, fuck i missed chatting to them