JUST GOT BLACK OPS!

Like many other aspects in life, when someone starts bitching, its only a matter of time till people hop onto the bandwagon duplicating opinions and setting them as their own.

I've read people bitch about graphics....??? Game looks awesome to me. Can someone who really thinks the graphics are inferior A/B test with a screenie from MW2?

The lag? Well, yes. There's no subjectivity in that. It sucks. It will be fixed.

Campaign is great. Better than MW2 campaign. That's just my opinion. The MW2 campaign was too convoluted and tried to hard, leaving me wondering, who the fuck am I now? I just couldn't relate to the characters. However, the ending was nice.

Whilst this campaign has got too many Russian names for my instant comprehension (meaning it took me a while to figure out who's who), the vibe its setting is an entertaining one. Still have to see how it finishes though.

As for the Wager Matches. Great addition to the game. Money system? That too.

Just blasted through the entire single player campaign in a single blow. I loved it. Seriously awesome. The plot twist is VERY obvious since the beggining, though.

I remember when I first played Call of Duty 1. It was cool as it was a FPS with lots of scripted events happening that gave you the feeling of being part of a movie. Now Black Ops is basically a movie with FPS parts that gives you the feeling of being playing a videogame. But still, awesome. It´s a shame how there´s plenty of gore on the single player (even exagerated, as when you have the revolver) and NOME on the the multiplayer. It would make the game much better : (

Anyway: great soundtrack, great graphics, great gore, great controls, great sound fx (besides the gun sounds), great story, great add-ons, great online modes... I´ve never been a fan of Treyarch but, IMO, this time they´ve totally delivered.

6375.jpg

Trivia time!

Q: What DAW was used to create the soundtrack to Black Ops?

A: Cakewalk Sonar X1

Sean Murray the composer responsible for the soundtrack to Call of Duty - Black Ops - did it on Cakewalk Sonar X1 (lucky bastard got to use it prior to it's release).

See: http://www.cakewalk.com/Artist/About.aspx?Feat=Sean Murray

CallofDuty.jpg

It is a Music Production forum after all :)

Ok - back to game discussion - random trivia time is over

Yeah, not getting graphics hate. Maybe the MP doesn't look as good as MW2's MP, I dunno, but the singleplayer has been visually stunning for the most part.

Anyway, great graphics doth not a great game make and bad graphics can sometimes a great aesthetic make :D (See Silent Hill 1, Minecraft, Ocarina of Time, in which case the graphics can be summed up as anything but bad.)
The graphics in the game serve the vibe and aesthetic, what more can you ask for?

maybe i just am not analyzing the game that much, but i havent found anything really wrong with it, except the spawning is pretty shitty. whether its people randomly spawning behind me right after i just checked there, or me spawning 3000 yards away from everybody.

call of duty is the fucking shit.

my biggest complaint is that there isnt anything wrong with it

i wish activision would let treyarch work on a new IP

I actually played through the single-player campaign over the last 5-6 hours and I gotta say... that was pretty cool :D

I did try to do single-player once on MW2 but I gave up during that mission in South America where you have to run through like a suburban area and there are literally a zillion dudes shooting at you from all different directions... yeah I gave up after like 50 tries. Besides that it was kind of hard to figure out what I was supposed to do half the time in the missions prior to that so bleh. This one though... I was entertained and interested the entire 5-6 hours I played through it. Some of the stuff was really intense too, and any moment I was like "wtf do I do?" it became apparent immediately afterward. The twist is slightly obvious from early on, but if you don't really pay attention 100% to all of the cinematic stuff in between missions then you don't really expect it. I didn't expect to like the single-player but fuck it, I can't deny I had a great time playing it. I thought the story and game-play and everything was really well done, it definitely made me want to keep playing until I beat it. Graphics are totally fine I dunno what anybody is complaining about.

Compared to the handful of missions I got through on MW2 before giving up, Black Ops fucking rocks ass. On it's own, I'd still say it rocks ass, I had fun.

its amazing sometimes when you stop and think about the little differences in cultures and countries ...

you guys have all this kind of shit censored from your video games and whatnot

meanwhile across the pond ...

if there is even a chance at seeing a woman's nipple on regular tv they blur it out or just cut the scene. But in the same show you can see someones head getting cut off

go figure
On the shady side, we get to see some bloke's ass and penis in german movies all the time :lol:
There's just always a scene where guy XY is naked and you see his genitals for about a minute. Dunno why :confused: :tickled:

Oh and MW2's Multiplayer fucking sucks. BC2 is WAY better.
Really interested in Black Ops, I'm not yet shure if I should boycott the censoring shit, though..
What I've seen so far is amazing and I loved the Call of Duty series (esp. CoD I).

On the shady side, we get to see some bloke's ass and penis in german movies all the time :lol:
There's just always a scene where guy XY is naked and you see his genitals for about a minute. Dunno why :confused: :tickled:

well, keep in mind I'm not referring to actual movie (pay) channels and all .. just the basic tv channels. But yeah, I've seen 1st hand the differences in some of your commercials vs ours as well as just watching a movie on standard tv there

Put up some clips from the theater mode. It links to your Youtube... so i made a new youtube account for it.

Nothing too ridiculous, but, kinda fun. Check em out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and MW2's Multiplayer fucking sucks. BC2 is WAY better.
Really interested in Black Ops...

Can you please explain how BC2 is "WAY better"? I have it and think it fucking blows. It is way too slow. And if you think MW2 sucks then you probably won't like BO, it's basically the same damn thing.

Can you please explain how BC2 is "WAY better"? I have it and think it fucking blows. It is way too slow. And if you think MW2 sucks then you probably won't like BO, it's basically the same damn thing.
It's nothing objective, just my personal preference ;)
The Modern Warfare gameplay seemed very "noobish" to me, I can't really explain it. Not that BC is a realistic game but it's like 100 times more realistic than MW2, in a good way. Things like the bullets not dropping even if you shoot like 10000 meters just feel lame.. and the whole atmosphere in Bad Company 2 is more intense than just running around and shooting randomly. But again, this is personal taste and perhaps I didn't play it long enough.
And you're right, after watching some vids of the actual multiplayer it looks like it's just the game I don't want to play - when I said I loved CoD, I was referring to the singleplayer campaign. Thanks for warning me :cry:

I see. Well the single-player in BO is pretty damn good, if you read through my replies in this thread you'll see how much I didn't care for SP in any game haha, but I really enjoyed the BO SP campaign.

I've got some nice game reels already of some 30-0 and 30-1 and 30-2 FFA games if you guys wanna check em out.

What weapons are you mainly using? I´m fairly good at MW2 on PC, got over 15 nukes and stuff, but I´m getting my ass whooped HARD on Black Ops. It seems that the default enemy spawn point is set to "behind my back".

I´m also having too much trouble on close quarter combat with non-SMG weapons. I see the enemy and there´s not enough time to dodge, ADS and nail 3 hits. I´m only getting decent scores when using SMGs and relying on hip fire, and it feels like I´m playing Halo instead of CoD (in a bad way). So far the only map that I´ve managed to play decently with an AR was Nuketown, using a M16 with red dot.
I´m also pissed that I´m almost prestiging and haven´t had the opportunity to destroy a single sentry gun to unlock ghost pro :mad:

Played about 10 team deatmatch rounds last night when my friend bought his PS3 over, for some reason every match was in nuke town... got old fast.

Here is why I fucking hate matchmaking.
At least with a server browser if you end up on a map you're bored of you can just leave that server, browse quickly and find a server playing a map you'd rather be on.
Matchmaking? My experiences with CoD 4 on XBL had me on Crash 5-6 times in a row sometimes.
Fuck that.

Matchmaking in halo ruined it.

The old school classic server search lists are by far the most simple and best method. Easily.

Yeah, I remember the old Xbox had server lists and that worked just fine.

Mannnn I gotta get the old xbox counter strike, was a really fun version of it.
edit: just checked to see if the old xbl servers are still up, dead. FUCK.