just got DT - Damage Done... and my mom thinks...

Damage Done fucking ownz. GET IT. NOW. ;)

It was my introduction to death metal. Since then, I've gotten albums by Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Opeth, Messhugah, Sepultura, etc.

By the way, I'm new to this forum. Nice to know that there are lots of Nevermore fans around here. I am a regular customer of The End Records, so it's also nice to know that they are sponsering this shit. I live over at www.mikeportnoy.com a nice friendly place.

The first Nevermore cd I got was their Dead Heart album, then went backwards...this band should be famous. The band to revive metal here in the states, no doubt. :D

EDIT: How often to band members post around here, if at all? Mike left his forum awhile ago due to the trollish nature of some forumers. Hate to see that same thing happen here.

Originally posted by Liquid-Acid-Base

EDIT: How often to band members post around here, if at all? Mike left his forum awhile ago due to the trollish nature of some forumers. Hate to see that same thing happen here.

first off, welcome...
second... Warrel uses the name WD here, and he ignores the hell outta us... Curran Murphy (former guitarist) uses the name Curran here and he pops in more than Warrel, making more posts, but very very few, if any... Christ from Van's sideproject Pure Sweet Hell pops in occationally in the unregistered name CHRIST, and gives us updates on PSH... Jeff and Jim are nowhere to be seen

"and he ignores the hell outta us"

That really annoys me. I could see being too busy to come here, but having enough time to come here and just stare at us. I think that would be like one of us going to a Nevermore concert and just sitting there staring at him while he sang. I think RP said it well when he said he was "keeping a low profile". That seems like something someone who thought they were famous would do.

and in keeping a low profile, he pisses off his fans, which in turn, will give him a bad name which will spread... and if he wants to keep a low profile, just have him stay the fuck off the board

On the topic...
I have 1 Dark Tranquility tape,I think it's Damage Done,though I haven't listened to it in a while.I thought it was pretty good and I'd like to get it on cd.But I just think it's better if my mother isn't into the music I listen to.I'm sure a lot of ppl here have heard about my Bible-thumping mother and her dislike of the music I listen to...well,it seems as if she is getting inot the rap stuff that my 10 yr.old sister listens to,Nelly and this r&b gospel rapping fuck named Raashan.He is the son of one of her friends,he has a cd out and my mother wasted $15 to buy the piece of shit just to be nice to her friend.I'll walk into a room and she will have it fucking blarring for the computer or stereo,and it's all of this rapping about how "great" god is and how much he's given us and whatnot.I swear,I get physically ill every time I hear it.I have to go down to the basement and blast some Immolation just to get over my urge to vomit.Anyway...if a woman like that was ever into heavy metal,that would be the music's ultimate downfall, plain and simple.

Originally posted by dead_fetus

Actually, that new cd is really good, but it pales in comparison to their older stuff such as Skydancer and The Mind's I.

DT one of the best IMO.. Forgot to mention The Gallery bud.

Mine likes The Monkees, The Beatles, Elvis, Journey, Grassroots, Grand Funk Railroad, The Eagles, Guess Who, Yes, Van Halen, Stepenwolf and a lot more of classic rock music. Kind of weird though, she didn't even know who King Crimson was. I mean I thought that every person in their late 40s knew who King Crimson was. :lol: Hope she don't see this in history and read it.
N/P: Pink Floyd-Comfortably Numb (hello, is there anybody in there)

My mom likes celine dion, metallica and bon jovi.

Yeah, there's a pattern going there... they're all girls :D