Damage Done Appreciation thread............

Haven was awesome, but DD is better, I wasn't expecting any less from Dark Tranquillity, tho I haven't listened to The Poison Well yet, curse the japs :mad:

Originally posted by Devy_Metal
The Sham Mirrors is the best album of 2002, without debate. That settles that.

Um, no. Not even midway through 2002.

It IS a very good album, but there have been a couple better. Of course, those are particular to my tastes...

DT - Damage Done
Blind Guardian - ANATO

I'm still waiting to hear Thyrfing, Vintersorg, Nile & Agalloch's latest before I can pass judgement.

Originally posted by phyre
Yes, indeed, but it has been Buried By Time And Dust. Feel free to dig it up.
You made it, so you dig it up.

Siren (Queen of the Lazy (TM) )

yes i have had it 3 days and its truely awesome!! nothing better this year or maybe even for a few years!! bg dont come anywhere as close not even in top 50!

Isn't it quite obvious that when analyzing music on the level most of us here are, there can be no objective conclusions regarding the superiority of one album over another?
Thus pointing out that silentplanetscot's (or anyone else's in this thread) opinion was subjective seems rather redundant.

Yes it was, on purpose too no less.

It's a pet peeve of mine; I cannot stand when someone just posts a boldly proclaimed statement WITHOUT one single iota or shred of reasoning behind it. Blindly stated opinions are worse than being an elitist IMFO, ok? And for the record, I analyze music on a whole new level.

Originally posted by markgugs

Um, no. Not even midway through 2002.

It IS a very good album, but there have been a couple better. Of course, those are particular to my tastes...

DT - Damage Done
Blind Guardian - ANATO

once again agree....but I would add Dream Theaters 6DOIT :cool:

fathervic (DTist)