just imagin.....

Apr 3, 2005
IL
you know i was just listening to POT and it got me thinking what kind of music do u think anthrax would be playing if Joey Belly was still in thrax?
you they would of stayed with the type of music on SOU and POT? I think it would have changed a little more like got slower but u never know what are your opinions?

thrash metal tends ot be cheesy. The style of riffing on the old albums is what to me is anthrax's sound. Catchy palm muted riffs. The more grungy strummy style especially on albums like stomp just arnt as good in my opinion. I mean how can you compare the like Hooror of it all to a stomp song?lol whether joey or john stays in the band i really hope they go back to the kinda riffs that they did in the past.

Kinda agree with the walkin' dude there. riff quality has been down the pan, but SONG quality went up post-92. the best riff with john are R41M, RAOSV, inside out,refuse to be denied and crush. still prefer bush tho.

they would of changed, or they'd have died in the water. as far as im aware, slayer are the ONLY metal band who got away with being stubborn and sticking to their guns.

MetalThrasher442 said:
you know i was just listening to POT and it got me thinking what kind of music do u think anthrax would be playing if Joey Belly was still in thrax?
you they would of stayed with the type of music on SOU and POT? I think it would have changed a little more like got slower but u never know what are your opinions?

I think it would have gotten old and forgotten real fast similar to metal in general during the early to mid 90s

stomp224 said:
they would of changed, or they'd have died in the water. as far as im aware, slayer are the ONLY metal band who got away with being stubborn and sticking to their guns.

Of course not..there's loads of bands that never changed...

I think if Anthrax stayed with Belladonna, they probably woulda still played thrash (at least for a few more albums) and who knows how popular they'd be compared to the Bush era?

stomp224 said:
And where are they now? even testament had a stab at 'radio friendlyness'
so stick that up yer arse mate! :p

Really? what song? testament has never had airplay in this neck of the woods.

stomp224 said:

Ahhem, Pantera. I know in the 80's they were more of a glam rock but in the late 80's early 90's they became a true heavy metal act & i don't think they changed their way's until they split. So they sustained the 90's also.

IF THEY CONTINUED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING BETTER THAN THE BULLSHIT THEY PUT OUT WITH BUSH.

I CANT BELIEVE THEY SPLIT WITH SUCH MOMENTUM FROM P.O.T. AND EVERYTHING ELSE AND THEN TO JUST THROW IT AWAY. THEY SHOULD OF TOOK A LONG BREAK INSTEAD OF HIRING A NEW SINGER. NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT.

I don't understand yelling typers! :D Relax man, Joey's back and we are gonna get a Kickass Anthrax DVD! The Bush era is not bullshit, I think you need to put some Stomp into yer Discman and turn it way up and Giv'er a good Listen!