Just played the new Mortal Kombat

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
The demo went live on PSN today for PS Plus members , and man is it awesome ! It totally is a great mix between MK 2 and the newer games. Mostly MK 2 though , and the graphics are really great. The fatalities are nice and gory , and the best part is the fatalities (both stage and character) are now in the moves list , so you don't have to go online just to do a damn fatality. I always thought that was beyond retarded. Anyways , yeah , game rules , if you liked the old MKs I'd say preorder it.

seriously!

it's the best mk i've played since the first arcade... and, man was obsessed with that when i was younger!

the challenge tower is freaking awesome!

edit: did you play it in 3d? ...it's wild!

hell yeah it is ! I was playing the two player mode for about an hour with my gf , she's an old school mk fan. She was mad Kitana wasn't in the demo.

Doesn´t it feels like MK vs DC in terms of gameplay?

no way... the combos are way more solid! and there are a bunch of new cool animations that really add to the gameplay!

just wayyyy more brutal (overall)!

mk vs dc was sick though!

no way... the combos are way more solid! and there are a bunch of new cool animations that really add to the gameplay!

just wayyyy more brutal (overall)!

mk vs dc was sick though!

Nice! When I saw the videos I was afraid that it would be very similar. I didn´t liked that game, the graphics were great, but the gameplay was terrible. I´ve read that there´s a "Cyber Sub Zero" on this new MK. Things like this makes me lose all faith on the "back to the roots" statements. Gotta wait and see.

They wanted to go back to the old-school "feel" of MK II and 3. Ed Boon said they brought in tournament hardcore MK players to do beta testing for them and tell them what to fix and change... and it definitely seems that helped! He said they wanted to go back to the way MK used to feel instead of everything getting cheesy after MK3. I already put down a preorder on this game and have been playing MK3 since yesterday religiously trying to get back into a 2d fighter. Ahhh... nostalgia. :lol:
Can't wait for April 19th!