Just reserved a flight to HEATHEN CRUSADE!!!

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
I have it on "hold" for 24 hours while I wait for someone from my company to tell me about the 2006 sales meeting.

But at these prices, I couldn't pass it up.

$372 r/t at great flight times, Newark -> Minneapolis. I'm using frequent flier miles though, only 25,000 for the entire flight!!!!

Here's the best part. This is the email I sent to the VP of Sales asking about the conference:

"Hi XXXXX, might be premature, but I was wondering if you knew when SCREAM 2006 was going to be?

I only ask because I've just found out about a family wedding that I need to go to on Saturday, Jan. 21st, which is right around when it was this past year. It's going to require me to fly, and I currently have a flight on hold for 24 hours (b/c the fare is incredibly cheap). If you could give me an inkling, that'd be great, thanks!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x one bajillion

markgugs said:
Here's the best part. This is the email I sent to the VP of Sales asking about the conference:

"Hi XXXXX, might be premature, but I was wondering if you knew when SCREAM 2006 was going to be?

I only ask because I've just found out about a family wedding that I need to go to on Saturday, Jan. 21st, which is right around when it was this past year. It's going to require me to fly, and I currently have a flight on hold for 24 hours (b/c the fare is incredibly cheap). If you could give me an inkling, that'd be great, thanks!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x one bajillion

LOL!

Awesome man. That's two definites so far. JK you magnificent bastard pony up!

Dark One said:
Unless there was some major business transaction going on that was vital to the survival of the company, that would definitely be my attitude as well.

Ok, just got word that the conference is from 1/18-1/21, lol

Go figure. Luckily, it usually ends (the mandatory shit) by noon on 1/20, so I spoke w/ the manager, he said I can split at any time I need to in order to make the "rehearsal dinner" Friday night, lol.

I'm so getting fired over this. :lol: :headbang:

I switched my reservation to NW (instead of Continental), leaving Newark, NJ at 5:50 PM on 1/20, arriving in MN at 8:00 PM. Not leaving Sunday until 6:00 PM or so, but I'm not sleeping through another goddamned flight! :lol:

Now all I need to figure out is how to get from Boston (site of the meeting) to Newark from noon to 5:50 PM. Looks like 100 mph straight to airport it is!