Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

This may have been an accidental slip on the Heathen Crusade website since I haven't seen details about it anywhere else, but I just HAD to share this:

:OMG:
http://www.heathencrusade.com/hc2/dfshow.jpg

The date could be an error - I'm hopeful it should be on Thursday the 18th, not Tuesday the 16th, but ENSLAVED?!?!?!?!?!? DARK FUNERAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"$10 Admission with purchase of two day festival pass".

Holy freaking shit!

That's obviously going to be an awesome gig but I hope it's not the official pre-party. Dark Funeral and Enslaved are playing together in Los Angeles as well around the 21st of Jan.

Climb Thar Hill said:
That's obviously going to be an awesome gig but I hope it's not the official pre-party. Dark Funeral and Enslaved are playing together in Los Angeles as well around the 21st of Jan.

These are the only confirmed dates I have seen so far for the Dark Funeral, Enslaved, Abigail Williams North American tour:

Jan. 09 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Jan. 10 - New York, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club
Jan. 13 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Jan. 15 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Jan. 21 - Los Angeles, CA @ Key Club
Jan. 22 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Jan. 25 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Jan. 29 - Fort Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater

I suppose the Jan. 16th date could indeed be accurate then if the Jan. 18th date conflicts with their tour routing, which would mean that this show isn't the HC Pre-party at all. That would definitely be a bummer (though the Pre-party lineup could still kick ass for sure).

Demonspell said:
Since Enslaved's last confirmed show before HC is in close proximity to the fest, they would be foolish not to attempt to secure them...
Perhaps. But it would be strange to have a bigger band at the pre-party than at the festival. Or am I overstating Enslaved's appeal with this audience and/or understating Bal-Sagoth's?

Zod

General Zod said:
Perhaps. But it would be strange to have a bigger band at the pre-party than at the festival. Or am I overstating Enslaved's appeal with this audience and/or understating Bal-Sagoth's?

If Enslaved were making a one off appearance, I would agree with you; however, since it would simply be a stop on their tour, I think it would make perfect sense - especially if the dates of the main fest conflict with Enslaved's tour routing.

Dark One said:
This may have been an accidental slip on the Heathen Crusade website since I haven't seen details about it anywhere else, but I just HAD to share this:

:OMG:
http://www.heathencrusade.com/hc2/dfshow.jpg

The date could be an error - I'm hopeful it should be on Thursday the 18th, not Tuesday the 16th, but ENSLAVED?!?!?!?!?!? DARK FUNERAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"$10 Admission with purchase of two day festival pass".

Holy freaking shit!

Nope not an error. My friend Swordlord Productions is putting on that show on Jan.16. He wanted to make it a deal for anyone who is going to the HC Fest to come to his show on Jan.16 and give them a deal for only $10. this is not a pre-party. He asked me about it to call it a pre-party, but I told him probably not. Or I would tell him to try to move it to Jan.18. I highly doubt it would work out.

Can we please stop bumping this thread unless there is some valid update to HC2? Each time I come here, I see nothing except more chat about Saggy Balls.

personally id rather see saggy balls play live than enslaved unless enslaved play only vikingligr veldi and eld stuffs. no prog please

There's plenty of bands I'd see before either of those two.

Enslaved = most overrated band ever, but still very good

Saggy Ballsack = most shit band ever, but still very shit

i like almost all enslaved stuff, but it's clear that the early stuff is much better. they didnt start becoming overrated until the prog dorks/anti-black metal idjits jumped on 'em.

i'd take a bunch of offense to y'alls slagging of Bal Sagoth but some of the bands you people like....well, dont get me started.