Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

Will Bozarth said:
to me, Bal-Sagoth sounds like blackened power metal.... which, in turn, should be classified as Black Power.

black_m137067.jpg

the baseball cap dude looks like Candy Andy in about 10 years ... :loco:

but from all this talk of folklore and spoken word passages, was really expecting some "dressed" up band, not an Ozzfest looking crew

BAL-A1.jpg

JayKeeley said:
what's funnier is that J used to call Bal Sagoth gay..

Referenced thread- http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2395237#post2395237]I'm not going, but this looks like fun.

Motorhead - no
Saxon - no
Dio - no, and Ozzy was the only Sabbath singer that mattered
Anthrax - no
Nevermore - seen 'em twice, they're OK, nothing special - no
Children of Bodom - total wank - no
Grave Digger - isn't this powermetal? - no
Cannibal Corpse - I really would like to see these guys live, so I'll give them - yes
Mayhem - I think this would be interesting, but Grand Declaration was crap - yes
Hypocrisy - as long as they ignore the Catch 22 stuff - yes
Bal Sagoth - Erik, this is crap - no
Deicide - Glen Benton is false - no
Destruction - not a thrash fan - no
Cathedral - yes
Brainstorm - who? - probably not
Amon Amarth - yes[/QUOTE]

:)

Doesnt J hate Nevermore and Cannibal Corpse now? Maybe Im thinking of of someone else. Anyway, people tastes do change you know, mine have certainly changed alot since I've joined UM.

"Tickets will be on sale as of November 1, 2006 thru Dark Horizon Records.

TWO DAY PASS

$55 in advance / $60 at the door

FRIDAY ONLY PASS

$20 in advance / $25 at the door

SATURDAY ONLY PASS

$35 in advance / $40 at the door"

link

MisterMayhem said:
Why does the clothes matter? As long as they kick ass... that is what counts.

But yeah.. he does look at bit metalcore-ish...

they don't matter to me ... but from the style they play I was expecting something a bit more theatrical ... not in a bad way.

J. said:
what's the latest? anything?

Nothing to announce at the moment, but as always, we'll post here when we have something to announce. And you can check the website, myspace page and forum for announcements too. We update all 3 when we do announcements.

BTW, greetings from Seoul, South Korea. No mushrooms clouds visible here so I am happy.:kickass:

i'd have to say my favorite bal-sagoth album is atlantis ascendant, though i've REALLY been enjoying their newest one lately, the chthonic chronicles. it's been making me feel like the mightiest person on the commuter train for at least a week now:)

vocals are definitely up a notch on the new one

hopefully there will be some kick-ass bal-sagoth shirts available at heathen crusade. last time i bothered to check for any on the web i was disappointed by the variety

ct_thrash said:
i'd have to say my favorite bal-sagoth album is atlantis ascendant, though i've REALLY been enjoying their newest one lately, the chthonic chronicles. it's been making me feel like the mightiest person on the commuter train for at least a week now:)

yeah, there are some songs from AA that i dig. the power cosmic is the one i keep listening to, though battle magic is my fave still.