Just wondering, do girls...

try this
1000308zf6.jpg

i saw this one in a bookshop some months ago (this is a learnig book not a simple dictionary) but then decided to buy this one.

3865390390.03._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1131458523_.jpg

It's quite good, for it starts with latin letters, makes it easier to get into the language before knowing how to write it. some Hebrew letters are offered every few pages, so you start simply. From chapter 8 on its all in Hebrew and latin letters. They promise that after you finished the whole book you should be able to read unpointed texts fluently.

Well, i stoped at Chapter 3 because of my lack of time, but i will start after my exam and when i finished it, we'll see how good it was:)

reading undotted text is no magic...it's just about having a large vocabulary
and I know the yellow book is not a dictionary obvioulsy
meine deutsch ist scheiße aber ich bin nicht ein schwachsinniger

they have lots of dictionarys from the same publishing house, this is why i thought you menat its a dictionary. no offense

and to correct you: "mein deutsch ist scheiße aber ich bin kein schwachsinniger" ;) but apart from this... wow, i'm impressed!

this is just about the time I'm supposed to start quoting Rammstein lyrics

Ich habe keine lust mich nicht zu hassen
habe keine lust mich anzufassen
ich hätte lust zu onanieren
habe keine lust es zu probieren
ich hätte lust mich auszuziehen
habe keine lust mich nackt zu sehen

what a stupid song

rammstein itself is stupid.
i really hate this band. They are a pure product of merchandise. They only sound the way they sound because some "great" Marketing dude thought "This sounds german". Export band... and idiots.

and actually i find their lyrics very offensive.
Did you hear about the "canibal murder" that happened in germany some years ago? people met on the internet and arranged that the one'd be killed by the other AND eaten.

well, rammstein made a song out of it....:puke: it is disgusting!!!

Reactions: paradoxile
Thanks- it was great fun reading this thread.
Side note: the Israeli thing Kobi wears is called "jelabea'(xcuse me, I dont know the right spelling for this)

Ilan- couldnt you tutor both Daniela and me? I have been struggling forever. That might also be because I spend too muvch time hanging around this forum.

I'm off to sing those songs you have suggested for OL. They already sang Dutch and it was a near perfect pronouciation- can't joke about it.

Here is the song the sung:

ik kan niet zeggen dat ik iets tekort kom
geen idee geen benul wat de smaak van honger is
als ik geen zin heb om te koken
dan loop ik even naar de markt voor een moot gebakken vis
als ik morgen geen zin heb om te werken
dan stel ik al het werk tot overmorgen uit
en als de kleuren van me huis me irriteren
dan vraag ik of de buurman het vandaag nog overspuit

een eigen huis
een plek onder de zon
en altijd iemand en de buurt die van me houden kon
toch wou ik dat ik net iets vaker
iets vaker simpelweg gelukkig was
hhmm
een eigen huis
een plek onder de zon
en altijd iemand en de buurt die van me houden kon

ik kan niet zeggen dat ik iets tekort kom
geen idee geen benul wat gebrek aan liefde is
vandaag kocht ik mijn derde videorecorder
van nu af aan is er dus geen programma dat ik mis
mijn vader en mijn moeder zijn nog allebei in leven
danzij hun heb ik een fijne jeugd gehad
en voordat jij en ik vanavond vroeg onder de wol gaan
gaan we met z'n tweeen drie keer uitgebreid in bad

een eigen huis
een plek onder de zon
en altijd iemand in de buurt die van me houden kon
oohhoo
een eigen huis
een plek onder de zon

ja alles, alles kan een mens gelukig maken
een zingende merel de geur van de zee
ja alles, alles kan een mens gelukkig maken
de zon die doorbreekt een vers kopje thee

een eigen huis
een plek onder de zon
hhmmm
een eigen huis
en een plek onder de zon
oohhoo

Reactions: paradoxile
Sure I can tutor you...drop me a line in the messenger if you're struggling with something specific and I'll try to help...
Natalie I don't have ways to contact you but you can contact me through msn and icq...it's right here in my user
Daniela is already on my messenger so we can have an old fashioned threeway:lol:...I keed I keed...could tutor you both simultaniously is what I mean

Elyia said:
i really hate this band. They are a pure product of merchandise. They only sound the way they sound because some "great" Marketing dude thought "This sounds german". Export band... and idiots.

Did you hear about the "canibal murder" that happened in germany some years ago? people met on the internet and arranged that the one'd be killed by the other AND eaten.

I heard about the case when I was in the army and I heard the song...but not only rammstein wrote a song about this...there was also Dan Swanö who wrote "Eaten" when he was in Bloodbath.

Elyia said:

Rammstein used to be an incredible band when they started and I loved them very much from the beginning. You're too young to remember the power this band used to have, and how they went from nowhere to the top :)

In fact they should have split three year ago, but here the bizness took the front of the scene...

paradoxile said:
but I have a 97 in hebrew grammatics in my highschool diploma/GED
Well I got a 95 on my Hebrew regents. Too bad I cannot speak it anymore.

I just saw a Swedish silent film last night, Haxan or something like that. Anyways, at the end of the movie it said "Slut" with "End" for the English on the bottom. Does slut mean end? :lol: :lol:

Metal head87 said:
Well I got a 95 on my Hebrew regents. Too bad I cannot speak it anymore.

I just saw a Swedish silent film last night, Haxan or something like that. Anyways, at the end of the movie it said "Slut" with "End" for the English on the bottom. Does slut mean end? :lol: :lol:

yes but it's pronounced differently...it sounds more like sloot

all you need to know to write in hebrew is:
אתה קקי מטומטם
pronounced "ata kaki metumtam" :lol: