Kamelot Status for the Festival

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Kamelot singer falls ill, North American Tour To Go On!
Posted on September 3, 2010
The following statement was made by the band:

Hello Kamelot Nation,

The band and crew are all here in Tampa rehearsing for the tour – Visas have been cleared and the guys are in good spirits and ready to party with all of you. However, during rehearsals, Roy became severely ill. Due to this, as yet undiagnosed, illness, Roy reluctantly has been forced to head back home to Norway. He is currently under his physician’s care, but unfortunately these circumstances will prevent him from joining us on the North American concert tour. Of course, we want Roy to take care of his health as priority one for now and for the future. After much consideration on how to proceed, all of us in Kamelot feel strongly about keeping our commitment to our fans, promoters, and support bands on this tour! We are all ready and excited about playing these shows, we have flown in people from around the world to be apart of it and it has been in the works over a year! Therefore, we are working diligently with a fantastic singer willing to step in at the eleventh hour in order to make this tour a reality – our good friend Michael from Circus Maximus (Norway) has agreed to fill in for Roy! And we are excited to announce a special guest: Swedish vocalist Elize Ryd from Amaranthe will be joining the band on the North American Tour. She will also be part of the VIP meet and greet! Elize toured with us on our Summer Pandemonium Tour and also the European tour earlier this Spring. Also as a special thank you to our North American fans, our friends at ESP guitars have donated a beautiful ESP guitar which will be signed by Thomas Youngblood and given away at the end of our North American tour – this contest is open only to North American tour concert goers. Fans can enter for a chance to win this exclusive item by signing up in the designated area at each show! More surprises are in store at many shows including special guest appearances and more.”

Roy especially would like to add:

“I am terribly sorry that I cannot do this upcoming tour in North-America this fall. We have our most fantastic album ever coming out in September, and the timing could have been better I guess. The band has my full and unconditional blessing to go out there and kick ass regardless, and I feel we have found a good replacement in Michael. He is a very good singer and long time friend. Be good to him! Hope to see you soon!” All the best from Roy Khan.

Michael states:

“Roy and I go way back, so when he called and asked me to help him and the rest of Kamelot to do their long planned USA tour, I told him, “Sure bro, I am there for you.”

It will be big shoes to fill , but in his honor I will do my best to give the Kamelot fans a show they have long awaited. So grab your earplugs and come join the party!”

We cannot thank you enough for your tremendous support over the years, and look forward to being out to meet more of you on the road! Please join us in wishing Roy a speedy recovery, and swift return to us!”

KAMELOT will release “Poetry For The Poisoned” on September 10th in Europe. September 14th, 2010 in North

I would like to thank Kamelot for continuing with their tour despite the hardship. That shows pure professionalism and class. I would also like to thank Michael for stepping up to the plate at the very last minute to keep things going. I would not have been able to replace a headliner band within only seven days before their scheduled appearance.

I do understand the fans' disappointment. However, I would say that Kamelot's disappointment is equal.

Michael can do this folks:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJh8L7atYA&feature=related[/ame]

The show must go on....

Kudos to soldiering on without Roy. We all know that Michael is an awesome singer, and kudos to him for taking on this gargantuan task!
Most of all, I hope Roy gets well as soon as possible!

Very mixed emotions right now. Concerned for Roy, sad he won't be there, impressed the band is continuing the tour without him, glad I'll still get to see Kamelot in a week, and excited to see how Michael Eriksen does with Kamelot's material. I love his vocals in Circus Maximus, and really no matter which of them was filling in for the other, they'd have big shoes to fill.

Really sad to hear about Roy, but with Micheal, I don't think they will skip a beat, can't wait to hear this combination.

All the best to Roy and I hope he is getting better soon.

Of course I am dissappointed that he can't be there but that is something that can happen to all of as and therefore I am happy that they didn't cancell the show.

We're watching the Circus Maximus tracks on the PPX DVD as I saw this news and... well... wow! way for Michael to step up!! I'm sorry for Kamelot - this has to be tough for them!

Wow...best wishes to Roy on a speedy recovery. It's disappointing that he won't be able to do the tour but I'm pretty excited to see Michael performing with them, he's a great replacement and it should be a lot of fun.

WOW, shocking news to say the least. I hope it's nothing serious with Roy. It will be great to see Mike again though, he will do a fine job!

This sucks for Kamelot fans, but you have to give the band credit and Michael for continuing on. Not many bands would do the same thing. And of course, I wish Roy the best in his health.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Khan, and huge kudos to the band for choosing to continue the tour without him. I'm looking forward to hearing Mike singing Kamelot songs - I think he'll do just fine.

they absolutely could not have picked a more suitable replacement vocalist considering the circumstances. I remember the first time I heard "A Darkened Mind" and the first thing I thought of when Mike started singing was "boy he sure sounds like Kahn..."

First and foremost, here's hoping Roy makes a speedy and complete recovery from his illness. While Roy is, in my opinion, one of the best vocalists in metal I must say that I also consider Michael one of the best vocalists in metal. Sure, things are going to be different but I have confidence in Michael's ability to step right in and add his own depth to the music. Class acts all the way around: Kamelot for being troopers and making sure their North American fans won't miss this tour and Michael for stepping in at the last minute to fill some very big shoes. I am very much looking forward to the performance!