Kamelot Status for the Festival

Has anyone checked on Christina yet?! :)

(disclaimer: just trying to inject a little humor here; not *at all* making light of the circumstances)

~Jen

Respect and best wishes to everybody involved, kudos to Michael, and thumbs way up to the band for working fast to get a good replacement singer.

Given this turn of circumstances, and something else I've been thinking. I wonder of Thomas ever misses playing any of the pre-Khan songs? If Michael'd be willing to do it, I wonder if the band would consider playing any old tunes from the first or second album. I realistically wouldn't expect to hear anything pre-Epica, but I'd be delighted to (first two albums or the first three Khan albums).

As far as I'm concerned, the show has just been enhanced! Looking forward to this even more now.
However, I wish Khan a fast recovery!

Given this turn of circumstances, and something else I've been thinking. I wonder of Thomas ever misses playing any of the pre-Khan songs? If Michael'd be willing to do it, I wonder if the band would consider playing any old tunes from the first or second album. I realistically wouldn't expect to hear anything pre-Epica, but I'd be delighted to (first two albums or the first three Khan albums).

interesting bit of musing you got there!

I was only half looking forward to Kamelot. I've always felt they're great on disc, but lacking live. This is especially true of Roy. He sings with so much nuance, that just gets lost in a live setting. While I obviously wish Roy well, and hope he's OK, I'm now totally psyched for this show.

This is not good news, but damn, I have to say I'm intrigued. It could be something pretty spectacular.

EDIT: I've seen Kamelot twice now. I could see this being a much bigger disappointment to someone who would be seeing them for the first time.

As much as I'd like to hear deeper cuts, I doubt the time-frame is right to do that kind of thing. Kamelot has enough of a production (backing vocalists especially), that switching songs with under a week of notice probably isn't going to happen. If anything, they'd probably want to play songs that the rest of the band know like the back of their hand so that they can focus on getting Mike up to speed ASAP.

Regardless of the song selection, props to the band and Mike for making the tour happen.

Has anyone checked on Christina yet?! :)

(disclaimer: just trying to inject a little humor here; not *at all* making light of the circumstances)

~Jen
I was just about to text her when I read your post and the ones above. Think I'll wait til after the Rush concert now. :lol:

Mixed emotions on the announcement.

First, damn glad they didn't cancel. They've shown real class and commitment.
Second, great choice of a replacement. Love his vocals and think if anyone can jump onto the Kamelot tour and make it work, it's Michael. They couldn't have done better in making a tough situation work well.
Third, I will be somewhat sad at not seeing Roy sing. Was planning on hitting two other shows (with Christina ;) ) after ProgPower. Still, I think overall the best way possible to handle a bad situation. Please get well soon, Roy. Your health is worth more than anything else.

Very classy of Michael to step up to the plate like this on such short notice. Hoping to make it out to the Worcester date of the tour since I can't make ProgPower, and very interested to see how he does on the songs.

Wishing a very speedy recovery to Khan as well.

I'm not sure how I feel, my emotions are mixed like many others. Worried about Khan. I wish for a speedy recovery and really hope it is nothing too serious. I am grateful that Kamelot is moving forward with the tour and that they have a good friend in Michael that is willing to step in like this. CM is a favorite band of mine, so I'm looking forward to hearing what Michael does with this.

I was in shock when I first heard this, and could only begin to understand the disappointment and frustration for all parties involved. Although there is only 1 Khan, hopefully fans will realize how cool and unique it will be to see this show. Love Michael's voice just as much if not more, and cannot wait to see these guys tear it up.