Kansas City Power Metal Fest 2008

Cephalopod

The Secrecies of Horror
Jul 14, 2004
Kansas
www.livingformetal.com
MANILLA ROAD, WIDOW and ANCIENT CREATION have been confirmed for the Kansas City Power Metal Fest 2008, set to take place August 9 at the The Riot Room In Kansas City, Missouri.

For more information, visit www.kcpmf.com.

More bands to be announced soon!

Here's some news from KCPMF's Myspace page:

CAGE, SEVENTH CALLING & PHANTOM-X confirmed for first day of KCPMF!

Hello metalheads!

Because of the overwhelming response we’ve received from bands and fans alike, we’ve decided to make Kansas City Power Metal Fest a two-day festival. Thank you all for your support and encouragement! We will fight the good fight to prove that true metal has a home in Kansas City!

We are also very pleased to announce that San Diego’s CAGE will be headlining the first night of KCPMF on Friday, August 8th! Also confirmed for Friday’s show are Minnesota’s SEVENTH CALLING and PHANTOM-X from Dallas, TX!

CAGE is well known to those following the American true metal scene, headlining metal festivals around the world and making fans by sticking to the roots of traditional heavy metal. Their 2007 album Hell Destroyer was released to rave reviews, including a 9/10 score at Blabbermouth.net.

SEVENTH CALLING, Minneapolis’ practitioners of the heavy metal faith, are touring with CAGE throughout the summer, stopping at many festivals along the way. The band is also signed to Melissa Records, the same label that Kansas City’s own ANCIENT CREATION has recently joined!

PHANTOM-X are definitely no strangers to the metal scene. This Texas group features in its ranks OMEN vocalist Kevin Goocher, who is also appearing on VH1’s "I Know My Kid’s a Star," hosted by Danny Bonaduce! The band also recently signed to TinselTone Records.

Here's some news from KCPMF's Myspace page:

CAGE, SEVENTH CALLING & PHANTOM-X confirmed for first day of KCPMF!

Hello metalheads!

Because of the overwhelming response we’ve received from bands and fans alike, we’ve decided to make Kansas City Power Metal Fest a two-day festival. Thank you all for your support and encouragement! We will fight the good fight to prove that true metal has a home in Kansas City!

We are also very pleased to announce that San Diego’s CAGE will be headlining the first night of KCPMF on Friday, August 8th! Also confirmed for Friday’s show are Minnesota’s SEVENTH CALLING and PHANTOM-X from Dallas, TX!

CAGE is well known to those following the American true metal scene, headlining metal festivals around the world and making fans by sticking to the roots of traditional heavy metal. Their 2007 album Hell Destroyer was released to rave reviews, including a 9/10 score at Blabbermouth.net.

SEVENTH CALLING, Minneapolis’ practitioners of the heavy metal faith, are touring with CAGE throughout the summer, stopping at many festivals along the way. The band is also signed to Melissa Records, the same label that Kansas City’s own ANCIENT CREATION has recently joined!

PHANTOM-X are definitely no strangers to the metal scene. This Texas group features irn its ranks OMEN vocalist Kevin Goocher, who is also appearing on VH1’s "I Know My Kid’s a Star," hosted by Danny Bonaduce! The band also recently signed to TinselTone Records.
ll
brother...if you want an epic as hell act....think of us!

www.myspace.com/dantescoepico

www.cruzdelsurmusic.com

Is anyone for sure if this is going to be a 21+ show only or not? Seems kind of odd they want to promote the music and for people to enjoy it, yet the designate an age limit. I'm dying to see Manilla Road live, not to mention Cage and Phantom-X (ex-members of Omen!) would be a real treat too.

Is anyone for sure if this is going to be a 21+ show only or not? Seems kind of odd they want to promote the music and for people to enjoy it, yet the designate an age limit. I'm dying to see Manilla Road live, not to mention Cage and Phantom-X (ex-members of Omen!) would be a real treat too.

Unfortunately it is the venue that mandates the 21 plus age limit. Otherwise it would definitely have been all ages.

Unfortunately it will have to be 21+. There was just no way to change that this year. Hopefully next year will be 18+ or all ages...that would be ideal.

For anyone interested in attending, tickets are now on sale via the KCPMF Myspace page:

http://www.kcpmf.com