Kansas City Power Metal Fest - date and first 3 bands announced

I can see Manilla Road drawing a lot down to KC, especially with the new CD kicking ass...

It's essentially Trouble w/ new Vocalist & Slough Feg vs Manilla Road, Cage & Vicious Rumors.

I think with Trouble having the new vocalist, you'll see a lot more driving down to KC.

Well on this forum more people live to Chicago I doubt they would choose to go to KC, but I think overall KC has a better lineup but I dont think Alehorn is finalized either

Alehorn also has Pharoah and Icarus Witch, who are solid US metal acts.

Both are good festivals indeed!
I think most folks here are supportive of both, so no need to turn this board into ALEHORN VS KC.

My living in Chicago (and being a TROUBLE-head) makes ALEHORN a no brainer.

IF KC were a diff weekend, I would seriously consider going.

I will have to give you a tiop on show promotion.....be nice to people and socialize with them...spread the word. Not give dirty looks. With Alehorn the same weekend...they got my money.

Pardon me? I gave no one dirty looks this weekend...I was drunk when I met you, so I apologize if I came off as anything other than nice. I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off all night. It was nice to meet you, as I said that night.

Anyhow, thanks for your "tiop."

Anywho, we tried to get many of the Alehorn bands for KCPMF, not realizing that their fest was the same weekend. Damn the luck! And to make it official, yes, Vicious Rumors has confirmed. More news coming soon.

This is WAY overdue, but I wanted to say "Thank you" on behalf of Twelfth Gate for bringing us down there to Jodi, Joe, and Steve. Also, thanks to Ian, the best taxi driver/metal brother a band could have ever asked for. Seriously, this guy really took care of us and made sure we had a blast. Thanks to Rachel for bringing down our gear and the party. Thanks to John from Eden's Fall for coming down for the ride and to work sound for us. We feel that we played a great set and met a lot of very cool people there. Doomshade, Widow, Manilla Road, Seventh Calling, Night Creation and Mitnal, and many others were all highlights for me. Not to mention seeing Sacred Dawn belt out Hall Of The Mountain King is something I'll never forget. I know I'm not alone when I say that I hope we can make it down there again to tear it up!! :kickass:

This is WAY overdue, but I wanted to say "Thank you" on behalf of Twelfth Gate for bringing us down there to Jodi, Joe, and Steve. Also, thanks to Ian, the best taxi driver/metal brother a band could have ever asked for. Seriously, this guy really took care of us and made sure we had a blast. Thanks to Rachel for bringing down our gear and the party. Thanks to John from Eden's Fall for coming down for the ride and to work sound for us. We feel that we played a great set and met a lot of very cool people there. Doomshade, Widow, Manilla Road, Seventh Calling, Night Creation and Mitnal, and many others were all highlights for me. Not to mention seeing Sacred Dawn belt out Hall Of The Mountain King is something I'll never forget. I know I'm not alone when I say that I hope we can make it down there again to tear it up!! :kickass:

YES!! Many thanks to everyone for a very fun time!!! :kickass: