Kansas City Power Metal Fest - date and first 3 bands announced

About 4 to 5 years ago, I would say, "Hell, it might pay off!"

As much as I like Rhapsody, I would not recommend any promoter accepting that kind of risk...

About 4 to 5 years ago, I would say, "Hell, it might pay off!"

As much as I like Rhapsody, I would not recommend any promoter accepting that kind of risk...

Man, I think Rhapsody would be a huge draw. They toured here once, under Manowar.

Fuck i'd probaly sponsor to see Rhapsody.

I don't know how much of a draw they would be, in all honesty.
They lost a LOT of fans with their past few releases.
Also, they haven't caught on with the younger crowd, like DragonForce, Edguy, and Sonata Arctica have.

Trust me, I would LOVE to see them.

I just wouldn't want to be the promoter responsible for backing up a $25K guarantee!

I don't think your $250-$500 sponsorship dollars would help too much with them..

I hope someone involved with the fest has contact info for TWISTED TOWER DIRE. That would own!

Is this fest going to be strictly power metal?

I mean, I wouldn't consider Manilla Road "power metal" though I guess some might.

Actually we have talked to Twisted Tower Dire, but we've got no additional confirmations as of yet.

The fest is more power/traditional/heavy metal than anything. We're not really going for an "Oh hey, you sound like Rhapsody, you should play" attitude. We just want to see some good metal bands that deserve some recognition play in the area. We'd love to show that there truly are metal fans in Kansas City.

We just want to see some good metal bands that deserve some recognition play in the area. We'd love to show that there truly are metal fans in Kansas City.

Sounds like a great mission statement to have!!!!
I look forward to seeing the rest of your lineup.

Do you happen to know the feasibility of taking a train from Chicago to KC?

Sounds like a great mission statement to have!!!!
I look forward to seeing the rest of your lineup.

Do you happen to know the feasibility of taking a train from Chicago to KC?

I know it is feasible. I had a friend travel from KC to Chicago for the Opeth show.

I just did an AMTRAK search from multiple places in Illinois to KC.

For the date of the show, there is NO train that gets you there before 11PM!!!! ARGGHH!!!

I once took a red eye overnight Greyhound from KC to Chicago for the first Prog Power fest at JJ Kelleys, and came home on a Monday. Lets just say I got to experience a whole nother version of what America is taking the cheap route.

As far as bands go for the KC Power Fest, how about Conquest from St. Louis, they're pretty heavy, and while maybe a bit more power/heavy than some of the others would do well here. They played here a few times back around 2004 and 2005 at The Bunker in Independence.

I once took a red eye overnight Greyhound from KC to Chicago for the first Prog Power fest at JJ Kelleys, and came home on a Monday. Lets just say I got to experience a whole nother version of what America is taking the cheap route.

As far as bands go for the KC Power Fest, how about Conquest from St. Louis, they're pretty heavy, and while maybe a bit more power/heavy than some of the others would do well here. They played here a few times back around 2004 and 2005 at The Bunker in Independence.

Somebody else recommended them as well...we'll check 'em out!

One more thing....
I noticed that at recent shows, Manilla Road have been using "Hell Roadie" on vocals.

Do you know if Mark will be doing vocals at this show, or the other guy?

Maybe they never specified when you booked them.

Yep, we're just looking at US bands right now because we're poor bastards. :lol: Maybe next year (if there is a next year) we'll be able to bring some bands across one of the big ponds.

And I'm not sure about Manilla Road's vocalist...I'll probably have to get back to you on that.